Question Huge GPU usage and FPS drop in CSGO with using GTX 2080super

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,
I have huge problem with FPS drop in CSGO,
GPU load is nearly 100% (98-100%) when playing which is causing huge FPS drops.
When checking TechZ I see that the GPU clock, memory clock, GPU load and Bus Interface load is pretty much maxed out.
I've tried different drivers, different video settings, reinstalled the game, reinstalled Windows from clean.

Sometimes its solved by reboot of the PC but then It comes back at other point.

Any suggestions?
To my understanding this graphic card should be more than enough for this game.

Br,

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to manually reinstalling them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Also, make and model of your PSU? OS version, if you're on Windows 10?

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, I havent tried DDU, Will do that.
Today I solved it by rebooting the PC, GPU is now around 40-60% load and I have high FPS, but it comes back almost every day with sluggish performance.
My PSU is a seasonic focus, trying to find out the watt. but If I recall its a 750w gold. There is a hybrid mode button on the PSU as well, not sure if that one is to be used.
OS version 10.0.19043 build 19043

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022
Problems came back now again. its just sporadic...Not sure what to do :(

Tonight I have issues again...Its temporary better after upgrading windows to latest H2 upgrade.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022
Today issues are back again...Any clue what this is all about? :( I see that the CPU usage is only at 30% while the GPU is at 100% every time I get lag...Its like the game is utilizing the graphic card instead of processor?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022
Pls check your GPU temperature:

Bad heat dissipation --》 Heat accumulation --》 High temperature --》 GPU thermal control plocy --》Under clocking --》 Bad performance

Feb 1, 2022
removal of MSI afterburner did not help me at all.
I've tried to install Windows fresh and start all over, did not work either.
Some days it works some days not...Is there any way for me to troubleshoot my PSU?
Few times I got it to work by turning off the PC and turning it on again, but today it did not solve thje issue either.

It's quite frustrating because when OK I run the game with high FPS without any issues.

To answer the temperature question above, the temperature is around 58 degrees more or less when having lag.

Last edited: