[SOLVED] HUGE INPUT LAG, performance issues

Nov 18, 2020
i have really annoying problem regarding call of duty warzone, basically i have HUGE input lag/keyboard delay on warzone, my fps is around 80-100 but the keyboard lag makes it unplayable, sometimes im in a firefight then the charachter ingame decides to mimick keypress i did 5 second ago and makes me run towards to the enemy, sometimes it locks my mouse so that i shoot and i cant stop shooting while walking without pressing any keys.
has anyone experienced this and what you did to fix it, i really need to fix it, my pc is really capable or playing it without any issues, when i tried to fix it, i reinstalled drivers completely and now the fps is even worse in all the games! Input lag is still the same, anything didnt fix that.
just incase my specs: RX 480 8GB
Ryzen 3 3200g (overclocked to 4GHZ)
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
also the game is on SSD.
Any help will be much appriciated!

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
What resolution/refresh rate are you using?

also, is v-sync on or off? Locked or unlocked fps?

Try going into your resolution and monitor settings and changing it to another resolution and back, it may update and run just fine. If its running outside native it could also cause issues as well. And do the same for your refresh rate.

Nov 18, 2020
1080p, monitor at 72hz. Changing to 60 wont change anything, vsync is off but turning on makes input lag even worse. Using unlocked because locked fps isnt doing anything better.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
O, so maybe try this... Open the game, then open task manager and go to processes. check to see if warzone or whatever is set to "HIGH" or "Normal" priority. it should be normal and either try high or normal depending on its default.

Otherwise, it could even be a power issue, try a different wall plug. I know its a long shot but I remember reading up on it in the NVIDIA forums where there was someone with horrible mouse input lag, and after going through his whole pc he couldn't fix it... tried a new wall socket and magically fixed

Nov 18, 2020
The priority is set to high, if i put it to normal then input lag is gone BUT fps is HORRIBLE around 24 and unplayable, at HIGH input lag is huge and fps is around 80

Nov 18, 2020
You may have to do a combo of setting the priority and then switching the game settings to be more playable.
Done both, its horrible in everyway, i tried 800x600, rendering at 66% and all very low. Got 40 fps and low 30s with normal priority, like hell cmon i just need that keyboard lag gone and all would be perfecto

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Perhaps its internet, whats your ping or internet speeds? I cant imaging it being anything else as most input delays are either hardware or software related... if its not hardware and you've taken the steps to troubleshoot software it could just be your internet.

As a last resort you may have to do a full re-install of windows, or at least a clean driver install of all your peripherals and gpu.

Nov 18, 2020
Perhaps its internet, whats your ping or internet speeds? I cant imaging it being anything else as most input delays are either hardware or software related... if its not hardware and you've taken the steps to troubleshoot software it could just be your internet.

As a last resort you may have to do a full re-install of windows, or at least a clean driver install of all your peripherals and gpu.
Well.. seems like i got it fixed by a miracle, as i told you the high to normal priority didnt work.. well it did now without losing any frames, input lag is gone and fps is great.
PCs can be quite weird sometimes, i really do hope it wont act up again. Thanks for all of your replies.

Reactions: ZeroDollarBudget
Mar 22, 2022
i have really annoying problem regarding call of duty warzone, basically i have HUGE input lag/keyboard delay on warzone, my fps is around 80-100 but the keyboard lag makes it unplayable, sometimes im in a firefight then the charachter ingame decides to mimick keypress i did 5 second ago and makes me run towards to the enemy, sometimes it locks my mouse so that i shoot and i cant stop shooting while walking without pressing any keys.
has anyone experienced this and what you did to fix it, i really need to fix it, my pc is really capable or playing it without any issues, when i tried to fix it, i reinstalled drivers completely and now the fps is even worse in all the games! Input lag is still the same, anything didnt fix that.
just incase my specs: RX 480 8GB
Ryzen 3 3200g (overclocked to 4GHZ)
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
also the game is on SSD.
Any help will be much appriciated!

Killing the discord task & window Mode without edge helped me out.