[SOLVED] Huges stutter problem! When playing games

thebeanieplayer

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
So this has been on going but I kind of had it with my frame drop/stutter it last a second but can be very annoying. Some games runs fine without stutter but other games like CS:GO would have stuttering. I'll be having 200 fps to 50 for a sec then back to 200. This is pretty hard to compete against since I'm trying to play.

Specs:
Amd Ryzen 5 1600x 3.6ghz
Gigabyte Ab350- gaming 3 Mobo
Evga GTX 1080 ftw 8gb
16 gb ddr4 ram (forgot the brand)
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W
Samsung Evo SSD 120gb
2tb Western Blue HDD
Uphere AIO liquid cooler 120mm

I've though replacing my cpu cooler (Evo 212) to a liquid would help but nope. Still getting the same results.

Temps seem fine 40-55 C
GPU temps runs fine too

I've tried installing games to my ssd to see if it would change, nothing
I've also unparked my cores to see if I got a boost or anything still nothing, no fix into the stutters

If anyone can help me out that will be great! I'm just trying to play some games without getting a new whole pc

Solution

If your RAM is rated at 2400mhz try enabling XMP in the BIOS. However your RAM running at an underclocked speed may be...
If you are already 100% that your PC has been optimized correctly:
- Drivers are all up2date
- no unnecessary background running app
- no malwares, viruses, etc.
- no issues in RAM, HDD/SSD and whatsoever.
- GPU and CPU are all already on performance mode, not energy saving.
- etc. etc.

I had similar problem several years ago. Online games kinda froze for 1-2s every now and then.
After several days of ´problem source hunting, I found that the problem was my WLAN card and it's driver.
I replaced the card because I could not find better driver.
I do not know if you had the same issue as mine but it is worth checking.

thebeanieplayer

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014

WLAN card? I don’t know what that is, is it in the mobo drivers?

Even though you downvoted I will try and help. Mixing RAM is a good way of causing issues especially with first generation Ryzen including those you listed hence why specifically asked about it. You are not running 3 channel, using 3 slots does not mean 3 channel, your system only supports single or dual channel. Use a program like CPU-Z to check RAM speed and if running single or dual channel.

thebeanieplayer

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014

My bad! I didn't mean to downvote I didn't know that button existed since I've never been on this website that much to know everything like today, I tried to find a way to reply to a message on my phone but couldn't lol so that was just a mistake sorry!

this is the tab i snapped from cpu-z it says dual channel
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329049897699639307/538931251390709760/Captured.JPG

a month ago I stopped by micro center to get a stick of ram 8gb because I thought it was the issue cause before i ran 2x4gb so i thought upgrading to 16gb could fix it

thebeanieplayer

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014

I'm using wired connection

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Qd4LpQY2FfUUtNZXB3aWhLd0p4enVjem5yMzFUX2h5WHRz/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Qd4LpQY2FfNTFKUmtYcEpfOUM3a3dwNHBrdnZOcnFjRzJF

I just pulled it out from my pc

it looks like its runs 2400mhz but im not sure so i sent photos
I have not tried to overclock. Usaully Rust, Csgo , Call of duty Bo4, and Gta 5 (minimal)
The games I dont see a problems in is R6 Siege and Overwatch

Ok its running dual channel but very slow. 1064 x 2 is effectively 2133mhz. Ryzen needs fast RAM. What speed is your RAM rated at?

If your RAM is rated at 2400mhz try enabling XMP in the BIOS. However your RAM running at an underclocked speed may be helping avoid stability issues from your mixed kits. 2400 is still slow for Ryzen.

Solution
May 6, 2018

I enabled XMP but didnt really do much, I still get stutters should I overclock the ram?

WLAN adapter comes in many form:
- as a dedicated WLAN PCI card
- USB stick
- built-in in the mainboard
If you are playing via WLAN, you might wanna check the WLAN adapter and the driver.