Humble Bundle Hosts THQ in Gaming Deal of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
theres really no excuse to not have metro 2033 and darksiders after this. saints row 3 is supposed to be good so Ill give it a try, and company of heroes and red faction armagedon is good as well.

darksiders in particular is one of the best franchises started this gen. their blatant console ports, but it doesnt make them any less enjoyable if you have a controller.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
I have half the games in this bundle, but I got it anyway because I would be really sad to see THQ go under. They are one of the few AAA publishers that I have any respect for anymore.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Wow, that's actually a good deal for all those games! Too bad I have almost half of those, might just buy the bundle anyway :3

G

If people really cared for THQ you should be buying darksiders 2 at retail price, as to they only made 1.5 million, and needed to make over 2 million to break even.

I posted the last without refreshing the browser, and everything is a tad low since I'm downloading all this stuff, so I hadn't seen your comment, hasten.

hasten, I agree. I am very very lonely and I definitely do suck. I am curious about what aspect of my profile pic clued you in. I am flattered that you mentioned me and looked at my profile pic. Thanks for that, at least. :)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Not cross-platform. A few work on Wine but I'd rather wait.[/citation]
i doubt any of these games will be ported over to linux or mac. theyre quite old. waiting wont do any good.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
[citation][nom]wtf123abc[/nom]No Warhammer seriesGuess it's just the crappy shit games that make no money that's on sale.[/citation]

Yeah, it's not like one of the games is used on a regular basis as a TomsHardware benchmark game or anything.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
bought 2 above average copies on it. ya... did u read me... 2?

and All of those money goes to THQ.(Screw Charity, I want THQ alive now) Hopes these helps a tiny bit, I am getting something I dont play much but helping THQ, lets not fail this and let EA/Activision buy u.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
[citation][nom]wtflol123[/nom]I wasn't aware everything had to be about benchmarking you fucking beloved patriot.[/citation]

And I wasn't aware a game had to center around the Warhammer universe to be considered a good game, you pleasant gentleman.

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Sadly, I am away from my desktop computer and will be away from it for another month or two so I would be unable to play most games that I buy. So I'll be skipping this bundle. My backlog of games to play on the PC is already too long. :(

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]Thanks Toms, I just bought 5 sets. I gave THQ the funds because of Titans Quest which is still one of my fav games.[/citation]

That's a really unfortunate example, since THQ's handling of that game effectively killed that game's developer... (at least they went indie and have Grim Dawn in development.)

However, I'm still a big fan of THQ and really hope they survive this. Warhammer games are always pre-order purchases for me.

bitmaiden

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I think everyone agrees that THQ can be anything but humble, and that this may probably be a bad brand move from the Humble (Indie) Bundle guys. Nonetheless, it's a very good offer that might make other big companies think about it (i.e. EA is selling old games for a lot of money on its digital store).

bitmaiden

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]That's a really unfortunate example, since THQ's handling of that game effectively killed that game's developer... (at least they went indie and have Grim Dawn in development.)However, I'm still a big fan of THQ and really hope they survive this. Warhammer games are always pre-order purchases for me.[/citation]
BTW, the sequel of Titan Quest is actually named Grim Dawn. They did a Kickstarter -and me among thousands of people put money in- some months ago after they had a running alpha; they're also accepting pre-purchases right now. Just Google for it :)

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bitmaiden[/nom]BTW, the sequel of Titan Quest is actually named Grim Dawn. They did a Kickstarter -and me among thousands of people put money in- some months ago after they had a running alpha; they're also accepting pre-purchases right now. Just Google for it[/citation]

So...um...you mean the Grim Dawn I mentioned in the post you quoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS