[SOLVED] HWiNFO64 which CPU temp is correct?

amfari

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi,

In HWiNFO64 there are two different cpu temp information;

-CPU (Tctl/Tdie)
-CPU CCD1 (Tdie)

Which one is the correct one? How are they different?

Capture.png

note: my cpu is Ryzen 5 3600

Solution
CPU CCD1 (Tdie) shows a temperature very close to what Ryzen Master Shows and is the actual temperature of the CPU.

CPU (Tctl/Tdie) is the temperature shown in CPU CCD1 (Tdie) + an offset (which is set by AMD).

For More Info about HWInfo's measurements I suggest you go straight to the source and read then read some more.

amfari

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
Tdie is the actual temperature at the CPU Die, Tctl/Tdie is that Tdie temp with and offset added.

hey thanks for the answer,
actually i am curious about the difference between two rows (CPU and CPU CCD1)
which one is the correct? and what is the difference between cpu and cpu ccd1?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
CPU CCD1 (Tdie) shows a temperature very close to what Ryzen Master Shows and is the actual temperature of the CPU.

CPU (Tctl/Tdie) is the temperature shown in CPU CCD1 (Tdie) + an offset (which is set by AMD).

For More Info about HWInfo's measurements I suggest you go straight to the source and read then read some more.

Reactions: amfari
Solution

According to Martin (HWInfo Author):

"CPU (Tctl/Tdie) in HWiNFO should be the immediate hottest temperature in the entire CPU package, while the CCD (CPU (Tdie)) value covers only the CPU cores of a given Core Complex Die (CCD). Based on our measurements, the CCD value should be closer to AMD Ryzen Master reported temperature. "

I think, in general, it's best to just consider whatever is being reported as 'temperature' as just an indicator of level of thermal output of the processor and not really a 'temperature'. I wouldn't consider it an accurate 'temperature' reading at any rate. But it's still useful for the purpose for which it's intended... to throttle fans up and down in response to processor heat production.

Curiously, CPU (Tdie) reading seems to be removed from my latest HWInfo.

EDIT add: I had to reset sensor layout in the HWInfo sensor screens to redisplay 'lost' sensors after upgrading. So CPU (Tdie) is still being reported!

Last edited:
Reactions: amfari and DMAN999