Hwmonitor shows between 0.600 to 1.440 for voltage when I have it maxed for 1.210

ADMINseeker

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys recently got into overclocking my 8700k and I noticed hwmonitor reads my voltage as either 0.600 or 1.440 and some places in between. I have adaptive voltage turned off in bios and have it all set to manual. On the other hand cpu-z shows constant 1.210 (what I have it set to in bios) I'm not sure what's going on. I would like adaptive to be off because it over volts my cpu and generates unnecessary heat. I don't want to shorten the life of my cpu and it hw monitor is correct the voltage is somehow over 1.440 which is not good.

Solution
Here's the same steps just better formatted:

Go to 'Search Windows' on the taskbar and enter 'power'
Select 'Power & Sleep Settings'.
Click 'Additional Power Settings'.
Click on 'Change Plan Settings'.
Click on 'Change Advanced Power Settings'. This brings up a 'Power Options' window.
Scroll down and expand 'Processor Power Management'.
Expand 'Maximum Processor State' and select '99%'.

ehmkec

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
I use Windows to throttle OC off. Go to 'Search Windows' on the taskbar and enter 'power' an select 'Power & Sleep Settings'. Click 'Additional Power Setting'. Click on 'Change Plan Settings'. Click on 'Change Advanced Power Settings'. This brings up a 'Power Options' window. Scroll down and expand 'Processor Power Management'. Expand 'Maximum Processor State' and select '99%'. That will prevent OC. I use it for the same reason. Remember these steps and also check out the other options here.

ehmkec

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
Here's the same steps just better formatted:

Go to 'Search Windows' on the taskbar and enter 'power'
Select 'Power & Sleep Settings'.
Click 'Additional Power Settings'.
Click on 'Change Plan Settings'.
Click on 'Change Advanced Power Settings'. This brings up a 'Power Options' window.
Scroll down and expand 'Processor Power Management'.
Expand 'Maximum Processor State' and select '99%'.

Solution