[SOLVED] HX316C10F/4 RAM on P5G41T-M LX3 Motherboard (Intel G41) HELP

Emirkaon

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Hello! I want to upgrade my RAM and also add a SSD.
Current specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5G41T-M LX3
Processor: Intel Pentium E6500
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
RAM: ADATA 2GB DDR3 1333MHz (9)(U-DIMM)
HDD: WD Blue 320GB(2007)
Power: Coolermaster 460

1)Can I use Ram part number HX316C10F/4 (HyperX Fury 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz) with this motherboard?(https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/hx316c10f_4.pdf)
And can i run it dual-channel with my current RAM like 2GB+4GB? (1333Mhz and 1600Mhz)

2)I am thinking to buy Sandisk 240GB SSD Plus. Is this a good SSD that i can use? (SDSSDA-240G-G26)

Solution
As far as I can tell it's not on the QVL....but that doesn't mean it won't work.

Usually if I match the specs to the mobo....it works.

If it work.... it will run in dual channel but it will only map to the lowest stick....so if you have a 2 GB and a 4 GB it will run 2 GB on both sticks in dual.

As far as the SSD.....I have had good luck with Sandisk....but it seems people are really liking Samsung....so the last one I bought was a Samsung EVO.
As far as I can tell it's not on the QVL....but that doesn't mean it won't work.

If it work.... it will run in dual channel but it will only map to the lowest stick....so if you have a 2 GB and a 4 GB it will run 2 GB on both sticks in dual.

As far as the SSD.....I have had good luck with Sandisk....but it seems people are really liking Samsung....so the last one I bought was a Samsung EVO.

Solution

Emirkaon

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019

Last update date of QVL list is in 2013 so that means i can use that stick? And if i try to use that RAM on single channel it automatically runs at 1333Mhz which is my motherboards supported speed right?

Actually it will run at 6gb ram at lowest MHz which is 1333.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Yes it will use all 6.....but only 4 will run in dual channel.

I don't know where you got this idea but this is not true.

For dual channel to activate the following conditions must be met:

• Arrangement of the DIMMs in pairs in every memory channel (module pair)
  • Identical module capacity of the module pair (128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, etc.)
  • Identical DRAM technology of the module pair (128MB, 256MB, 512MB or 1GB)
  • Identical DRAM bus width of the DRAMs used on the module pair (x8 or x16)
  • Both modules either only single-sided (1 rank) or only dual-sided (2 rank)
  • Mirror-inverted assembly of the memory slots

There is no way in the world 4 of the 6gb will be dual channel.

Not only that with a system that old I'd be wary of purchasing a newer stick and having it work. I would instead consider figuring out whats the total ram you want and buying such a kit to replace the current ram.

I don't know where you got this idea but this is not true.

For dual channel to activate the following conditions must be met:

• Arrangement of the DIMMs in pairs in every memory channel (module pair)
  • Identical module capacity of the module pair (128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, etc.)
  • Identical DRAM technology of the module pair (128MB, 256MB, 512MB or 1GB)
  • Identical DRAM bus width of the DRAMs used on the module pair (x8 or x16)
  • Both modules either only single-sided (1 rank) or only dual-sided (2 rank)
  • Mirror-inverted assembly of the memory slots
There is no way in the world 4 of the 6gb will be dual channel.

Not only that with a system that old I'd be wary of purchasing a newer stick and having it work. I would instead consider figuring out whats the total ram you want and buying such a kit to replace the current ram.
I got that idea from the motherboard manual.
Maybe you should look at it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I got that idea from the motherboard manual.
Maybe you should look at it.

I just read it. The information I have posted is the same from both AMD and Intel. What that actually is, is called FLEX mode. Its not true dual channel and I'm not sure why they list it that way, but its hampered compared to dual channel.

In the end does it make a world of performance difference? No.

But I digress, you are basically correct.