hx850 click noise?

The power supply (i think) is making a *click* sound anytime i power down or power on my computer. The psu is brand new and ony been installed for a few days. I dont think its the fan because i dont notice the sound when the fans comes on during heavy load it just seems to be during the powering on or off stage. Any ideas?

I confirmed it is the psu and the only reason im concerned is because my old psu was a thermaltake 600watt and it didnt make the sound. This maybe nothing and im making a big deal out of it but im just curious is i need to have it rma'd to newegg or not. Oh and its just one *click* not multiple during the powering on or down phase.

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Hey there, its you again. I've seen you before on the guy with the artifacts on his monitor's thread. xD.

Yeah, I have an HX-850w too, and notice this too. It even happens at times when I open or close a programn. Same thing, just one single "Click" noise, as if it were a light switch.
My PSU fan is also making a chirping noise, its sorta concerning me.
Is your PSU still going? Is it really no big deal?

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

So is the clicking no big deal? I'm still quite concerned myself? Is yours still up and running?

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Hmm. Mines been clicking 2-3 times per hour... even when my PC is off... don't know what to do with it yet. I'd love to avoid an RMA. same thing though, just one single click every once in a while.