Hynix Predicts Rebound of DRAM Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
So...it sounds like if you're planning on rounding out that 2x4GB kit you bought on a budget with another pair to go alongside it, you'd better do it now!

I wonder if the price increase will be felt more by the smaller chips or the larger ones? Maybe the price premium that the 8GB kits command is truly artificial, and will actually hold steady, while the 4GB sticks stabilize and later rise to profitability?

Edit: Typo

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
@Edvin, Agreed! I spent all my money on a kickass motherboard and filled it with a i3-2100 and 8GB just to wait for Ivy. Looks like I'm going to want to upgrade my memory now before prices rise, then pull the trigger on a 3770K once it hits.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]@Edvin, Agreed! I spent all my money on a kickass motherboard and filled it with a i3-2100 and 8GB just to wait for Ivy. Looks like I'm going to want to upgrade my memory now before prices rise, then pull the trigger on a 3770K once it hits.[/citation]

Exactly same here! Well, except MB, I will save for Z77 too. But went for i3 2100 and will get 3570k or 3770k when out. I would get another matching 8GB if I was you. Cheaper than half tank of fuel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.