[SOLVED] Hyper 212 Black Edition - Motherboard backplate

Solution
I went and had a look in my parts bin.. Yes there sits my blue Gigabyte AMD mounting pieces.
You remove the plastic parts and install CM's screw standoffs with your existing backplate.
I never installed my AMD cooler, it's still new in the box.

Most cases have a cutout so you can get at the backplate. Take off the rear cover.
----Mostly you need to keep the backplate from falling off and to hold it there when you put the CM standoffs in. Make sure they are fairly tight when your all done do a final tightening so they don't spin when you install or remove the cpu cooler mounting screws.

-A trick that worked for some older cases that doesn't have the cutout is to only take one bracket off at a time and carefully start the...

need4speeds

Distinguished
I went and had a look in my parts bin.. Yes there sits my blue Gigabyte AMD mounting pieces.
You remove the plastic parts and install CM's screw standoffs with your existing backplate.
I never installed my AMD cooler, it's still new in the box.

Most cases have a cutout so you can get at the backplate. Take off the rear cover.
----Mostly you need to keep the backplate from falling off and to hold it there when you put the CM standoffs in. Make sure they are fairly tight when your all done do a final tightening so they don't spin when you install or remove the cpu cooler mounting screws.

-A trick that worked for some older cases that doesn't have the cutout is to only take one bracket off at a time and carefully start the standoffs then tighten them. -CAREFUL cause the backplate will be springy and only held on by 2 screws at one end.

I found i needed a really long Phillips bit or screwdriver. I think the later ones now include one.
It's a awkward cooler to install, you must hold it flat and start one screw with a few threads and then push down and start the one on the diagonal without crossthreading it.
Watch out the Phillips screw heads are made of cheap\soft metal and seem to want to slip and strip the screw head easily. (It's best to screw them gently to the end and then back it off a half or 1/4 turn, so they don't stick and jam when you take them off. )

-The included CM paste is fairly good. Of course there are better pastes too.

- I found the CM fan is fairly quiet so you can either go with a more aggressive fan profile or just set it to run always 100% fan speed. A second cpu cooler fan helps but is not the big drop in temp like you would expect. Something like a extra 2-5C drop. Having decent case cooling likely helps more.

Solution
I installed it. When you remove the 2 brackets around the CPU the backplate just get loose and you're left with the 4 big holes for the Hyper 212 backplate made of hard plastic. Everything went well. PC posted and was able to use XMP profile 1 straight away. Installing Windows now and then all the drivers and monitoring programs.

I used Artic MX-4 I bought with the parts. It's a system I'm building for a friend. I'm happy nothing was DOA. It's like -15C here so no problem with heat at the moment. It's like 15C in the room. CPU is at 28C in BIOS (Ryzen 5 2600). I know the Hyper 212 drop the temperature from the 2600 stock cooler by a lot. It will never reach 85 and this is what I want for my friend's PC.

So far the system seems like it's running good. Thanks for the info and will come back here when everything is done.

The system is running perfectly. Did not have one issue. A-XMP profile 2 at 3200MHz had no problem being used. I was lucky to get some Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 and they were Samsung B-die.

CPU is now idling at 30C. Full load 45-50C.
GPU idling at 30C too and at full load doesn't go higher than 60 at 40% fan speed.

I'm happy with the results.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
COOLER: Hyper 212 Black Edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x8GB
MB: B450 Gaming pro carbone ac
PSU: Corsair RM650(2019)
CASE: Corsair 200R Mid Tower
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 256GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 256MB 7200 RPM

Later all!