Hyper Evo 212 and space!

deusexamant2

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
If I install a Hyper Evo 212 in my Corsair Spec 01 will I still be able to fit the two 120mm fans on top of the case? I have seen pictures and it looks like very little clearance but Im thinking maybe if I install them before I put in the 212 then maybe they can both fit?

Solution
The Spec 01 has a maximum cpu cooler height of 150mm, while the Hyper 212 EVO is 159mm tall, so I do not think it will fit.

I've read of users who have fit Hyper 212 EVOs into the Spec 02 and 03 cases, which list a maximum cpu cooler height of 157mm, but because of the way the window bulges out, with the right motherboard and orientation of the cooler, that apparently works. However, the Spec 01 is a little narrower, so I wouldn't count on that working.

Is the Cryorig H7 available where you live? It's only 145mm high, so it should fit in a Corsair Spec 01 case.

As far as the top fans, do you really need them? I've seen guides that recommend positive pressure (i.e. more intake fans than exhaust) to reduce dust buildup. You might...
The Spec 01 has a maximum cpu cooler height of 150mm, while the Hyper 212 EVO is 159mm tall, so I do not think it will fit.

I've read of users who have fit Hyper 212 EVOs into the Spec 02 and 03 cases, which list a maximum cpu cooler height of 157mm, but because of the way the window bulges out, with the right motherboard and orientation of the cooler, that apparently works. However, the Spec 01 is a little narrower, so I wouldn't count on that working.

Is the Cryorig H7 available where you live? It's only 145mm high, so it should fit in a Corsair Spec 01 case.

As far as the top fans, do you really need them? I've seen guides that recommend positive pressure (i.e. more intake fans than exhaust) to reduce dust buildup. You might think about that before insisting on them.

Solution