[SOLVED] Hyper-V disabled yet apps complain it is active

arvindsagar702

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Good morning people, I have a bitt of problem with Hyper-V (honestly this thing sucks so bad).
So I want to run bluestacks, or even VirtualBox but they complain wildly. Bluestacks simply says what's in the image below and VirtualBox goes either "Your CPU does not support AMD VT-x " or "(VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API)" or "
VMSetError: Call to WHvSetupPartition failed " . Yea one of the 3 errors depending on what I disable in windows features.

I have tried disabling ,
Containers
Hyper-V
Virtual Machine Platform
Windows HyperVisor Platform
Core Isolation(it doesn't even start, says there may be incompatability, tried with both Hyper-V on and Off)
WSFL
Device Guard (from gpedit)

And yet bluestacks dont work , nor VirtualBox.
Alternatively I have also tried enabling Hyper-V, Windows HV Platform, VM Platform and even so Bluestacks' Hyper-V beta app starts and abruptly closes, while VMware says
"VMSetError: Call to WHvSetupPartition failed ".

I have also tried https://superuser.com/a/1492574/1088896 everything told here .

And yet, nothing works. Well atleast google AVD works so I can test my android apps on that one but it's not smooth. Only ran nvidia control panel in foreground and no app in the background to check if that helped but no .

What to do ?

Specs-
CPU- AMD Ryzen 2700X
Mobo- Asus Crosshair 6 Hero
RAM- G.SKILL trident z 8GB x2 3000Mhz
GPU- Gigabyte Windforce 1080ti
AMD VT-x - Enabled in bios (enabled amd svm )
Winver - Win 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.836
Apps running when testing BlueStacks : Nvidia Share (instant replay on) , Wallpaper Engine, Steelseries Engine 3, MSI Afterburneer, Glasswire, Logitech G Hub , Chrome and RTX Voice . (Tried closing all of these off to check).

VirtualBox Error Log : VB_error_log_zipped

3jesmn.png

Last edited:
Solution
Good morning people, I have a bitt of problem with Hyper-V (honestly this thing sucks so bad).
So I want to run bluestacks, or even VirtualBox but they complain wildly. Bluestacks simply says what's in the image below and VirtualBox goes either "Your CPU does not support AMD VT-x " or "(VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API)" or "
VMSetError: Call to WHvSetupPartition failed " . Yea one of the 3 errors depending on what I disable in windows features.

I have tried disabling ,
Containers
Hyper-V
Virtual Machine Platform
Core Isolation(it doesn't even start, says there may be incompatability, tried with both Hyper-V on and Off)
WSFL

And yet bluestacks dont work , nor VirtualBox...

arvindsagar702

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

I have tried disabling ,
Containers
Hyper-V
Virtual Machine Platform
WSFL

And yet bluestacks dont work , nor VirtualBox.
Alternatively I have also tried enabling Hyper-V, Windows HV Platform, VM Platform and even so Bluestacks' Hyper-V beta app starts and abruptly closes, while VMware says
"VMSetError: Call to WHvSetupPartition failed ".

I have also tried https://superuser.com/a/1492574/1088896 everything told here .

And yet, nothing works. Well atleast google AVD works so I can test my android apps on that one but it's not smooth. Only ran nvidia control panel in foreground and no app in the background to check if that helped but no .

What to do ?

Specs-
CPU- AMD Ryzen 2700X
Mobo- Asus Crosshair 6 Hero
RAM- G.SKILL trident z 8GB x2 3000Mhz
GPU- Gigabyte Windforce 1080ti
AMD VT-x - Enabled in bios (enabled amd svm )
Winver - Win 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.836
Apps running when testing BlueStacks : Nvidia Share (instant replay on) , Wallpaper Engine, Steelseries Engine 3, MSI Afterburneer, Glasswire, Logitech G Hub , Chrome and RTX Voice . (Tried closing all of these off to check).

VirtualBox Error Log : VB_error_log_zipped

3jesmn.png
Well, thanks for the help to nobody.
I figured it out after an hour or so of fiddling.
The group policy editor is scam . Even if you disable Device Guard in it , in regedit you can check if it is actually disabled or not. If it is , good , if it isn't , you can do the standard windows troubleshooting .

Disable all services (including windows ones) in msconfig. Then doing a reboot and opening up task manager and checking up all the running services , if you see any Hyper-V or Credential Guard , it means either of them aren't disabled (sometimes they may not show up in task manager but you can check if they are interfering by opening up your app).

Disable device guard from regedit following https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...tion/credential-guard/credential-guard-manage .

This erratic behavior may pop up even if you have a healthy new windows , better to disable svm/intel equivalent to see if it is an app like Device Guard interfering with Virtualisation or it is just a dirty windows or bad config of the app you are trying to run. (bluestacks in my case) .

Hopefully someone else finds this a bit useful.

2relai.png

Solution