Question Hyper X Headset to PS4 & PC at same time

smasher248

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have a Hyper X stinger headset with a male audio jack, I need a splitter that is 1 Female to 2 Male that will go into PS4 controller and my PC at the same time, is this possible?

It's possible, but you are likely to damage the audio outputs of either, or both, the PC and the game system. Audio outputs do not like having voltage pushed into them from another audio-out device; and that is exactly the scenario you are setting-up.

What you want is a stereo audio summing amplifier, if your goal is to have both devices active at the same time.
If your goal is to listen to each, individually, then you want a stereo audio switch.

smasher248

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
It's possible, but you are likely to damage the audio outputs of either, or both, the PC and the game system. Audio outputs do not like having voltage pushed into them from another audio-out device; and that is exactly the scenario you are setting-up.

What you want is a stereo audio summing amplifier, if your goal is to have both devices active at the same time.
If your goal is to listen to each, individually, then you want a stereo audio switch.
Are there any headsets designed to take audio from 2 devices at once?

THAT would be an expensive headset.....unless you go for one that will allow you to use both a wired audio input to the headset, AND a BlueTooth link. I doubt that you can run both inputs simultaneously, though.

There are some Plantronics headsets that will do similarly....look into the BackBeat Pro series that they sell, to see if one of those will do what you want.