Hyperthreaded cpus and their cores frequencies

TheHardew

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hi!

In win32 I can check current clock frequency for every logical core. If I have 8 logical cores and 4 physical on my cpu. Do every two logical cores associated with one physical core share their core frequency? Also, can we say about logical core frequency and physical core frequency?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
When it comes to hyperthreading if it's a quad core cpu there are only 4 cores. Logical cores is windows fiction and how it sees the additional threading, they're not cores at all. Core frequency is core frequency, nothing logical vs physical since only physical cores exist. When windows shows '8' cores what it's really showing are the threads, 2 per core. To check core frequency try software like hwinfo that shows data in real time as well as recording max and min values.
When it comes to hyperthreading if it's a quad core cpu there are only 4 cores. Logical cores is windows fiction and how it sees the additional threading, they're not cores at all. Core frequency is core frequency, nothing logical vs physical since only physical cores exist. When windows shows '8' cores what it's really showing are the threads, 2 per core. To check core frequency try software like hwinfo that shows data in real time as well as recording max and min values.

Solution

TheHardew

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
So when callntpowerinformation() tells me frequencies of threads it's just frequency of core they are bound to, and the second thread from the same core will have the same frequency, right?