Review HyperX Alloy Rise Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review: Magnetic Customization… at a Price

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I've found the "wired" con on a lot of keyboards, if not all, to be insane.

Unlike mice, where it's an actual minus to not be wireless (on most cases), you really don't want to have a wireless keyboard unless you do all things with the keyboard that do not require entering a password.

That's almost no one I would like to think, unless you're in the minority that has set up yubikeys to sign in to your Operating System.

All that out of the way, this is an interesting keyboard that I would not have guessed HyperX was still all in on mechanical keyboards, given all the competition out there.

Reactions: Kridian

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
I agree, wireless keyboards are a security risk for most people. In fact, every time I look outside, there's a spook right under my window holding an antenna and ready to snoop on my wireless keyboard.

SMH

DonQuixoteIII

Commendable
Aug 16, 2021
I game, but do not think I am a 'gamer'. My current keyboard is a Steelseries Apex Pro, which I very much like for its switches and their adjustability. How I would love for this keyboard to go with swappable keys....

As to the 'wireless' debate... I really, really dislike batteries.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I agree, wireless keyboards are a security risk for most people. In fact, every time I look outside, there's a spook right under my window holding an antenna and ready to snoop on my wireless keyboard.

SMH
I'd be more worried about kids.

It's really not that hard to get that data anymore, it's not 1999.

Tell me you've never typed your credit card info.

Teenagers these days are something.