[SOLVED] Hyperx cloud 2 ear cups make ears sore

jimbojones19

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
im wondering if anyone has found a way to modify the ear cups so that they dont touch the ears because of long gaming sessions my ears will get very sore to the point where they are red. i have already asked kingston if they would send replacement ear cups and they said that there is no other ear cup for my headset there is for the other headsets as the other head sets are reported to have this same problem.

anyway im wondering if getting some cotton and evenly putting it in there through a cut then sewing it back up would work or if anyone has tried this cause its got to the point where i would rather just get a new headset any input or thoughts is much appreciated

Solution
I suggest a new headset.
I have the Xiberia E1 and man the earcups on these things are like pillows and deep enough for my big ears. IDK if they make the E1 anymore but the mic alone is worth the price if you can find them. IDK how the E3 stacks up on the mic level but the earcups look the same, take a look at these.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61sfztHrb+L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
here is the E1
41ASSwc%2Bw9L.jpg

Kingston-Cloud-II-Headset-Overview-645x612.jpg

if you opt for a hew headset get some huge earcups, if they are not comfy as can be you will not use them, or wish you didn't.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I suggest a new headset.
I have the Xiberia E1 and man the earcups on these things are like pillows and deep enough for my big ears. IDK if they make the E1 anymore but the mic alone is worth the price if you can find them. IDK how the E3 stacks up on the mic level but the earcups look the same, take a look at these.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61sfztHrb+L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
here is the E1
41ASSwc%2Bw9L.jpg

Kingston-Cloud-II-Headset-Overview-645x612.jpg

if you opt for a hew headset get some huge earcups, if they are not comfy as can be you will not use them, or wish you didn't.

Solution