Jun 27, 2019
Ok so Ive bough a HyperX Alpha, all seems good. I connect the headset to the pc using a usb audio adapter and a splitter. Now heres the problem. The sound works, but the mic doesnt pick up anything, though something is recognised in the recording devices. So i then just tested the mic by itself (no splitter, directly just the mic to the sound card) and the mic works perfectly fine. Its just that the connection to the headset is where the problem is. And yes ive pushed all wires in properly. So im certain the actual mic works, but when i connect the mic to the headset, it doesnt really work.

*note that my Mobos sound is fried I think so i bought a usb sound card and that fixed the audio, Intel DX58SO - Win 10

Lutfij

Titan
How did you verify that the onboard soundcard is fried? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers for your Intel Board? Are you on the latest BIOS udpate for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might also want to share the make and model of your USB soundcard.

Jun 27, 2019
I am using Windows 10 Pro and i am updated to the latest version of my mobo (since my motherboard is pretty old). I have tried reinstalling the audio drivers again from the website and when I connect any jack into the audio port, nothing appears. It only recognises the HDMI monitor sound, which my monitor doesnt have sound anyway.
s-l640.jpg

^ this is the adapter I used which I bought from Ebay.