Review HyperX Cloud II Wireless Review: Plug-And-Play Package

Jan 19, 2021
You're downrating a wireless headset for not being wired?

Where do they get these authors? :rolleyes:

It in fact is a disadvantage for most users. So no need to discredit the author.
Without this feature, as soon as the battery is empty you're left with a useless piece of premium plastic.
Almost all wireless headphones I've come through can be used wired, too (with a 3.5mm cinch cable or similar adaptor cable).
This is even worse if the headset doesn't work at all while it's charging which seems to be the case depending on the article.
So in worst case it leaves you with 1-2 hours of charging before starting your gaming session when you forgot to charge your headset.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
It in fact is a disadvantage for most users. So no need to discredit the author.
Firstly, I disagree entirely that it's a disadvantage for "most users". I won't use a wired headset, and, given the sales on wireless models, it seems quite a few others feel the same way.

In any case, that's all irrelevant. When you review a motorcycle, you don't downgrade it for not having four tires and a top to keep you dry when it rains. Downgrading this headset for not being wired is like downgrading it for lack of FM reception.

the battery is empty you're left with a useless piece of premium plastic.
Rather like a cell phone, eh? I imagine you use one of those, though.

Jan 19, 2021
Firstly, I disagree entirely that it's a disadvantage for "most users". I won't use a wired headset, and, given the sales on wireless models, it seems quite a few others feel the same way.

In any case, that's all irrelevant. When you review a motorcycle, you don't downgrade it for not having four tires and a top to keep you dry when it rains. Downgrading this headset for not being wired is like downgrading it for lack of FM reception.

Rather like a cell phone, eh? I imagine you use one of those, though.

Comparing wireless headphones with motorcycles and smartphones isn't of much use, don't you think?
Motorcycles never bring four wheels. And also there is (to my knowledge) not a single headset that comes with FM reception.
In contrast almost every other wireless headset comes with the option to use it wired which can be of use for various reasons, e.g. if you'd like to use them with your phone or are on the go, took them with you but forgot the USB stick or well because the battery is empty and you'd like to immediately start gaming.
And yes I do use a smartphone but (in contrast to this headset) you can still use smartphones while charging them.
I also use and like wireless headsets and honestly almost never used them wired myself because I don't forget to keep them charged. But it's good to know that there is a backup option.
Like I almost always take a portable charger with me to have my phone backed up.
Don't get me wrong. I'll probably get a pair of the Cloud II Wireless myself as this point isn't a deal breaker for me and they look very promising on the paper.
And I also wonder why this headset mostly gets only mediocre ratings in reviews as sound and everything else seems to be fine.
But all I wanna say is - in my opinion the missing 3.5 mm jack is a point worth noting and being listed in the verdict. And having the option to use it wired doesn't explicitly have to.
Also I don't know how they calculate the x/5 star ratings here but nobody said that this point has downgraded the rating.

Reactions: Endymio