HyperX Impact 2133mhz into a laptop with built in(soldered) DDR4 2400mhz

Jun 25, 2018
I have already checked the details about my laptop and it is running 2400mhz 4gb and it is soldered to the board and I checked the slots there is only one slot available for upgrading. Since i have read that HyperX impact has automatic overclocking capabilites, I just wanna ask if 2133mhz DDR4 will work on my laptop? Will it really automatically overclock to 2400mhz as per advertised?

My laptop is Asus X555BP AMD A9~9420
4gb RAM DDR4 2400mhz soldered
1 slot available
Upgradable up to 16gb or 32gb(not sure)

Solution
If it works, it will run at the lowest frequency of the two sticks. So if 2133 is the lowest of the two sticks, then that is what both sticks will run at. And that is if it boots. RAM is kinda finicky. Mixing and matching RAM of the same model does not always work, this is why it is sold in kits. But just because it does not always work, does not mean it wont work. So I would give it a shot, just buy the other stick from a vendor that accepts returns just in case.

Too bad the soldered the RAM like that. I though only Apple did that kinda stuff.
If it works, it will run at the lowest frequency of the two sticks. So if 2133 is the lowest of the two sticks, then that is what both sticks will run at. And that is if it boots. RAM is kinda finicky. Mixing and matching RAM of the same model does not always work, this is why it is sold in kits. But just because it does not always work, does not mean it wont work. So I would give it a shot, just buy the other stick from a vendor that accepts returns just in case.

Too bad the soldered the RAM like that. I though only Apple did that kinda stuff.

Solution