Question HyperX Pulsefire Haste / Mouse randomly and inconsistently freezes

Jul 31, 2024
A while ago my mouse started acting wonky. Some days it is fine, other days it is a nightmare. The symptoms are that the mouse keeps freezing for like half a second sometimes, seemingly without trigger. May happen at any time, with or without load on the PSU. Weirdly enough, the RGB lights on the mouse do not shut down for the duration of the freeze.

These are the troubleshooting steps that I have taken so far:

• Tried other usb ports, also tried the front panel, no workie
  • Inspected the mouse cable for damage, haven't found anything
  • Reinstalled mouse drivers and HyperX Ngenuity
  • Reinstalled Windows completely
  • Tried the mouse on my laptop, the mouse works fine
What other troubleshooting steps can I take to find the culprit?

Hey there,

I had a similar issue recently with a Corsair Ironclaw Gaming mouse. No matter what port I plugged the dongle into, it would still glitch.

I remembered in my haste to open the box for the mouse, and skipped right past a USB extender for the dongle. So, I thought, Ill try that, but not thinking it would work at all. Well, it did. Plugged into a rear port, and brought the extender underneath the PC chassis and have it resting right beside the mouse pad which is quite large, and it works perfectly.

I think it could be down to a few devices on my PC room which are mostly connected to wifi and those devices may be causing the issues on the mouse. It was.

Anyway worth a shot.

You could also try changing the polling rate up or down.

Jul 31, 2024
Hey there,

I had a similar issue recently with a Corsair Ironclaw Gaming mouse. No matter what port I plugged the dongle into, it would still glitch.

I remembered in my haste to open the box for the mouse, and skipped right past a USB extender for the dongle. So, I thought, Ill try that, but not thinking it would work at all. Well, it did. Plugged into a rear port, and brought the extender underneath the PC chassis and have it resting right beside the mouse pad which is quite large, and it works perfectly.

I think it could be down to a few devices on my PC room which are mostly connected to wifi and those devices may be causing the issues on the mouse. It was.

Anyway worth a shot.

You could also try changing the polling rate up or down.
I should have made it more clear that I in fact have a wired only mouse :c

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jul 31, 2024
Ah, that's a pity!
Apparently the disconnecting issue is common with these. It is frustrating, but it happens. I took the mouse apart, threw away the rattling piece of plastic and got it together. From what I learned, the cable is the weak point, I yanked it hard a few times and the disconnects stopped for a while, will see how long it lasts me lol