[SOLVED] I accidentally deleted a lot of files that I had on my Desktop, How do I restore them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
And if all this fails, you need to stop using this drive, put it in an enclosure as an external drive to recover to another PC, because every second you're running an OS on this disk, it's more likely that the area of the drive will be overwritten by new data. Then use software like EaseUS or Recuva.

DSzymborski

Titan
And if all this fails, you need to stop using this drive, put it in an enclosure as an external drive to recover to another PC, because every second you're running an OS on this disk, it's more likely that the area of the drive will be overwritten by new data. Then use software like EaseUS or Recuva.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Thankfully, nothing important was lost....I should start backing up my stuff again...

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I deleted them all by accident....anyway to restore the files ?
Good thing it wasn't critical data. Being a stickler about backups., backing up the backups with both Acronis and Todo. I paid for lifetime ToDo sub years ago. I don't need nor have much love for using the cloud. I have used Recuva with some success in the past. Seems you may be good to go if the data hasn't already been overwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.