[SOLVED] I added another stick of 8gb pny 2400mhz to my laptop..computer shows sign of power, but doesnt boot up at all

Nov 22, 2020
I bought a stick of Pny ddr4 8gb 2400mhz for my dell inspiron 13 5000 seires laptop, and all the specs of that stick match my current stick, so it should work. When I press the power button, it shows sign of power, I hear the fan spin for about 5 seconds, and it powers off, nothing on the screen. When I remove it, the computer boots up and it says that no memory was detected on the previous boot...I tried switching slots but it doesn't seem to work.

Solution
Did not even work. It seems that there is no ram detected when I install it, the bios warning by my boot seems to confirm that
WKp4GKd.png
Try taking out the older ram and putting in the newer ram you bought and try to see if it can work or be able to reset bios. I'm curious if the ram by itself can even work.
I bought a stick of Pny ddr4 8gb 2400mhz for my dell inspiron 13 5000 seires laptop, and all the specs of that stick match my current stick, so it should work. When I press the power button, it shows sign of power, I hear the fan spin for about 5 seconds, and it powers off, nothing on the screen. When I remove it, the computer boots up and it says that no memory was detected on the previous boot...I tried switching slots but it doesn't seem to work.
copied this off dell's website for resetting your bios.

Unable to power on or complete POST (Power On Self Test)
If your Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop PC is unable to power on or if the PC is unable to complete the POST process (Power On Self Test), use the BIOS Recovery options on your PC.

Before you begin BIOS Recovery, ensure that the laptop's battery is charged up to at least 10% and disconnect all external peripherals connected to your PC like USB flash drives, USB external hard disk drives or printers etc,.

1. Verify that the laptop is powered off and disconnect the AC adapter.
  2. Press and hold the CTRL + ESC key on the keyboard.
  3. Plug in the AC adapter to the laptop.
  4. Release the CTRL key and ESC key on the keyboard once you see the BIOS Recovery screen.
  5. One the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press Enter key.
  6. Select Disabled and press Enter key if you wish to save the current BIOS settings.
  7. Select Recover BIOS and press Enter key to start the recovery process.

Nov 22, 2020

If your Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop PC is unable to power on or if the PC is unable to complete the POST process (Power On Self Test), use the BIOS Recovery options on your PC.

Before you begin BIOS Recovery, ensure that the laptop's battery is charged up to at least 10% and disconnect all external peripherals connected to your PC like USB flash drives, USB external hard disk drives or printers etc,.

4. Release the CTRL key and ESC key on the keyboard once you see the BIOS Recovery screen.
  5. One the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press Enter key.
  6. Select Disabled and press Enter key if you wish to save the current BIOS settings.

Did not even work. It seems that there is no ram detected when I install it, the bios warning by my boot seems to confirm that
WKp4GKd.png

Nov 22, 2020
I tried putting it into a bunch of different computers, in different variations, and they all didnt detect it, so my guess is that the product itself is defective. Replacement on the way.