I added some memory and now I get blue screens of death.

ezaypzay

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
So I bought the
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL

And I installed it to my Gigabyte - GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard with some other G Skill memory sticks already installed.

So I opened task manager and I have a total of 24 gbs of memory and it seemed fine. I then launched a popular game called PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS and once I get into a game I get the blue screen of death. I tried changing my voltage on my bios but it didn't help. Other than PUBG I haven't tried any other games yet but while I was on google chrome it was fine.

So I was wondering if there is a fix and what I would need to do to fix it.

Solution
G. Skill FAQs:
https://www.gskill.com/en/faq/DRAM_Memory

Q:
I want to install more memory, in addition to my existing memory kit. What are my options?

A:
We do not recommend mixing memory kits, regardless of brand or model.

By mixing memory kits together, there may be compatibility issues such as unable to boot or unable to operate at rated specifications.

Each of our memory kit are thoroughly tested to ensure compatibility within each memory kit. And because we have not tested our memory kit with your existing memory kit, we cannot guarantee compatibility when multiple kits are used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some workarounds to get multiple memory kits working include...
G. Skill FAQs:
https://www.gskill.com/en/faq/DRAM_Memory

Q:
I want to install more memory, in addition to my existing memory kit. What are my options?

A:
We do not recommend mixing memory kits, regardless of brand or model.

By mixing memory kits together, there may be compatibility issues such as unable to boot or unable to operate at rated specifications.

Each of our memory kit are thoroughly tested to ensure compatibility within each memory kit. And because we have not tested our memory kit with your existing memory kit, we cannot guarantee compatibility when multiple kits are used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some workarounds to get multiple memory kits working include:

Lower memory frequency
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage
Lower CPU multiplier

Solution