Question I am building a new workstation. I picked the parts. Yet your expert opinion is reqıired...

cemster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Well, as I am worned I had to delete this post as I have another one here...

Sorry about that...

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I am double posting this, because I can'T figure out th e best spot for it

Hello,

My faithfull and hardworking workstation has stopped working as my Asus P9x79 WS has stopped working. I was hoping to just replace the Mobo, but then I faced the music. No such a thing as a new P9x79 WS board... Some stuff in China. Not even a use ıne to be found.

So, I have to replace the CPU, RAM (64GB) and the MOBO...

I decided on i9-19900K. (Yes! Instead of 9900K)

For the Mobo, I prefered the Asus Pro WS W480 ACE... I want no Game Mobo and also the same WS line I enjoyed for years was for a good reason...

For the Ram I ended up liking the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 3600

I was thinking about Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB DDR4 3600 but they only come in Quad form. My previous built was Quad system, but I figure with this kind of speed, I won't be missing that extra bandwidth...

So I already have a good Corsair Power (more than enough) I already a GPU card: GTX 1660 Ti... (have more than I need)
I have a huge Monster; Cosmos 2 Case...

So, now I suppose I need your advice and some amount of luck...

cheers
I guess 10900K or 11900K. You need a high end cooler for either.
For the board I would get one with heatsinks on the Vram. Tip their no gaming motherboards it's just a marketing thing.

Your spending a bunch on memory buy it from the motherboards QVL just to make sure. In a single pack of 4 sticks.

Depends on the age of the power supply if I would reuse it

cemster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
UPDATE

Incidentally on Intel's 11900K compatibility list Asusu Pro WS W480 Ace is not included...

However on Ausu W480's compatibility list does support 11900K with BIOS update...

Last edited: