Question I am confused why my computer beeps constantly after installing new ram

Jan 28, 2020
Hello, I decided to upgrade my ram in my dell optiplex 745 sff pc, The ram fits in the slots perfectly and it matches the other ddr2 ram thats in the computer, 667 mhz and each stick is 2gb, There is already 4 gb and I added 2 sticks correctly, i have constantly reseated the ram and the computer originally made a beeping sound, Now all I hear when I start the computer is the fans whirring and it is no longer booting up, The ram is the right one and is the exact same one as required in the computer

Hello, I decided to upgrade my ram in my dell optiplex 745 sff pc, The ram fits in the slots perfectly and it matches the other ddr2 ram thats in the computer, 667 mhz and each stick is 2gb, There is already 4 gb and I added 2 sticks correctly, i have constantly reseated the ram and the computer originally made a beeping sound, Now all I hear when I start the computer is the fans whirring and it is no longer booting up, The ram is the right one and is the exact same one as required in the computer
Try resetting the bios, pull the battery out or use the cmos jumper reset.

Whats the cmos jump reset?
I would first just pull the battery out for about 5-10 minutes and place it back in. This should reset the bios to defaults and then you can try the ram again. If it doesn't work, the new memory may not be compatible with the old memory or the motherboard. It could also just be faulty and if you still have time, try to return it for replacement, refund or exchange for different kit.

The ram is Some dell ddr2 667 mhz dimm non-ecc 4gb ram 2 x 2 gb
Can you look again at the modules for anything that looks like a brand name and model number on a sticker? Do the new modules look like the old ones with the same amount of black memory chips per side?

Sep 24, 2019
If I remove the new ram it boots
So you found the issue your self. The issue is obviously the new RAM, I would check and make sure the RAM is the right type (Speed, Size, Model etc and is identical to your other ram module), if it isn't then it might be a faulty RAM module, try putting it in again and if it doesn't work return it.

The beeps are probably POST Code beeps indicating something is wrong with the new memory module you installed.