Question I am getting "You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device" with every device I connect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2022
unknown.png

Whatever USB or device I connect I always get "You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device"

This is one of the most frustrating things to me as it means I can't access my own flash drives. I've tried countless youtube videos and just wondering if anyone can help ?
I'm getting the error now when I try and right click-> properties on my Pixel 3. I want to be able to move videos onto my phone.
Seems like no matter

Hello,
I have the same issue, cannot access all external devices. It is my personal laptop.
Administrator access is granted but it does not help.

It is customary to start your own thread when you need help, not "hijack" an existing thread.
The creator of this thread does not want to see a post saying "I have the same issue", that does not help him with his problem.

Apr 25, 2022
unknown.png

Whatever USB or device I connect I always get "You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device"

This is one of the most frustrating things to me as it means I can't access my own flash drives. I've tried countless youtube videos and just wondering if anyone can help ?
I'm getting the error now when I try and right click-> properties on my Pixel 3. I want to be able to move videos onto my phone.
Seems like no matter

Hi CodeYung,

Have you found a resolution for this issue?

Apr 25, 2022
I had an issue where i was unable to access any of my usb drives, including phones. The fix for me was to check in Group Policy if ''All Removable Storage Access: Deny All Access'' is enabled.

If you already use or can create an "Administrator" user account you may follow this: To access Group Policy console open "Run" (Win+R), type in gpedit.msc and hit "Enter". Then go to "Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Removable Storage Access" looking for All Removable Storage Access: Deny All Access and check its status. Default setting is "Not Configured" which covers common use.

Mine was "Not Configured", which is correct...however i thought why not changing it to "Disabled" to force it into a configuration where it could NOT deny access. It did not fix the issue. Then I changed it back to "Not Configured" and suddenly i can access all my drives again. No idea how my system glitched out with this issue, but i hope this works for you too!

Also, do the same for ''User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Removable Storage Access" settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS