Question I am having a problem reconnecting, Creative Scout Radar, which is installed on my Moto G (5) Pro phone, to My windows 10 Pro PC.

bsachems

Honorable
May 23, 2015
I have the Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pro Gamer with the latest drivers, and the latest Sound BlasterX Connect2 software. I had it set up and working through the Norton Security Suite Smart Firewall and accidentally disconnected the from my phone. I did not change any settings on the PC or phone, but when I tried to reconnect from the phone to the PC i get "Connection Failed" 1) Ensure that your PC and mobile device is connected to the same WI-Fi network, (they are), and; 2)If you are using an anti-virus software on your PC, configure the firewall to accept port 8000. ( I followed Creative's directions and had it working. At this writing I am able to connect my phone to the PC using PowerDVD 17 Ultra, Power Media and Logitek ARX control every time I try.
I have asked Creative how to clean-sweep Creative software off my PC so I can start over and so far they ask for information I have already provided and system information. I reinstalled the phone app and reinstalled the creative connect software but I don't thing the windows registry was cleared when I deleted Sound Blaster Connects 2. When I reinstalled some of my setting did not change.
Has anyone else had issues with Creative Scout Radar, and could someone please tell me how to clean-sweep Creative's Connect2 software.
All help would be appreciated
Thank You Bsachems

bsachems

Honorable
May 23, 2015
I have been in touch with Creative Support for the last 2 weeks. After trying all their solutions, with no results, they finally said "
As the Scout Radar is a problematic feature, it has been removed on the newer Sound BlasterX audio devices like the Sound BlasterX G6 and Sound BlasterX H6.

We recommend users use Scout Radar to determine audio cues on games.

Scout Radar requires users to look between a mobile device and the monitor which may be distracting sometimes.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.

Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)

Feb 28, 16:34 +08

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

The developers have tried their best to improve the connection of the Scout Radar.

However, we are still seeing users who have problems with the connection.

We will close this case as there is nothing much more we can do.

You can still contact us for more queries.
So I guess that's it. If I ever re-install Windows 10 or whatever I will try the program again. It's pretty much a novelty anyway.