Question I am having random fps drops for no reason

Sep 13, 2023
So I am really confused with this one. I just bought AMD radeon rx 6800 xt and I replaced it with my RTX 2060. But than I started to have big fps drops, and I'm talking like 60+ fps, but it only happens once maybe twice in a day and that is it. At first I thought it could be corrupt drivers, or driver conflict, so I decided to reinstall my windows. It was fine at first, but it started happening again. My GPU runs at around 200 Watts, temp around 80-90C max, as for my CPU it runs around 70C max. Also I am playing at 1920x1080 for now. I have XMP enabled and also I have the AMD SmartAcess Memory enabled.

My PC specs are:
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - AMD radeon rx 6800 xt
Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming
Ram - not sure the brand but its 2x16GB ddr4 3200 MHz
PSU - Corsair RM750x 80 plus gold
2x NVMe 1T - 1 is for games, the other is for windows
HDD 7200 RPM 1T - mainly used for random stuff.

If there is anyone who can help me I would appreciate it a lot.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming
BIOS version for your motherboard?

I just bought AMD radeon rx 6800 xt and I replaced it with my RTX 2060.
Did you run DDU prior to removing the RTX2060 from your system prior to dropping in the RX6800XT? You're also advised to manually install the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

so I decided to reinstall my windows
You install the OS in offline mode to make sure the PS doesn't download and install drivers it thinks is right for your platform. Speaking of OS, where did you source the installer for the OS?

Sep 13, 2023
I have not updated bios I just kept them stock a.k.a out of the box. As for the DDU I messed up a little bit with that I did it after putting in the RX 6800XT. And for AMD drivers I am using the AMD Adrenalin Edition so it did it by itself, for the OS I didn't use the offline mode, and I got the installer from the Windows Media Creation Tool thingy.