I am looking for the best and most affordable liquid cooler for overclocking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MatthewE310

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
I have an i7 6700k processor and I am looking for the most affordable liquid cooler that will allow me to overclock to 4.8 ghz and reach acceptable temperatures while gaming. Is there an affordable liquid cooler that will allow me to overclock my cpu to 4.8 ghz while gaming under load and not exceeding temperatures over 70c? I was checking out the Corsair H80i or H100i v2 and I could afford one of them if they will help me accomplish my goal.

Solution
it is on the asrock product page. http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20Extreme4/
somewhere in the middle on the pictures.
The number of phases is important, but the components used and the method used to achieve the phase count is even more important.
P.S.
Simply counting chokes around CPU socket also gives a rough estimation. But that can be misleading with manufacturers like MSI, ASRock, Biostar as sometimes they just use double the amount of components to "look" serious. good voltage controllers are expensive.

BigBoomBoom

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
I was just giving an example of what most reviewer would probably call the entry level overclocking motherboard (it's quite budget concious). Also isn't 4.8Ghz i7-6700k sold by Silicon Lottery? That means it's actually fairly high OC and fair percentage wouldn't even reach that high.