I am not able to play NFS Rivals

John562

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Guys... Whenever I start NFS rivals , it works quite fine till the tutorial ends but as soon as it gives me a command to start the race and i start it after some time the whole pc hangs and a message says " Get device removed error. The graphics device was removed...." other wise in other games like in assassins creed unity it works quite well. Please give me a solution to this problem.

My specs are:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.30Ghz
Ram: 6 GB
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2GB DDR3
Windows 8.1 Single Language.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It's irrelevant to say "quite playable for such a weak GPU", since the frame rates you're getting are not in fact "playable". I've played Unity at even 15-20 FPS, and I know for a fact that when it drops that low, it's not worth playing, and you get tons of technical problems as well.

I'm also willing to bet as with Rivals, you only played the first part of Unity at Versailles. It will only get worse when you get to Paris, esp as time lapses forward when you progress and there is more detail drawn into the world.

The crash you're getting in Rivals is likely related mostly to your GPU not being supported. What you're asking for is not mere "help", what you're asking for is a Christmas miracle, and I'm sorry, but I'm not a deity.

If...
You're actually trying to tell us AC Unity, a game that lists a GTX 680 as min spec, works "quite well" on a GT 610, which is roughly 16 times less powerful?

Even the minimum required 8800 GT for Rivals is roughly twice as powerful as your 610.

Your main problem is too weak a GPU. That said, should you eventually equip yourself properly, if the device removed error is accompanied by a DXGI message, installing the required Dx updates included with the game can help.

Neither of those games should be attempted with such a weak GPU though. A 610 isn't even an entry level gaming GPU. It's not a gaming GPU period.

John562

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Sorry....For providing some real junk type of information by saying that ACU works quite well, actually it works with 15-16 fps which is quite playable for such a weak GPU and before this ,on win 7 when I ran NFS: Rivals i got 19-20 fps which is still playable for such a weak gpu. So isn't there any solution for this other than just installing direct X update. Well, I have got a beast cpu at my home with GTX 780 installed on it but now i am in an other city and in the meantime i want to play such games as just a timepass.
So please help.........

It's irrelevant to say "quite playable for such a weak GPU", since the frame rates you're getting are not in fact "playable". I've played Unity at even 15-20 FPS, and I know for a fact that when it drops that low, it's not worth playing, and you get tons of technical problems as well.

I'm also willing to bet as with Rivals, you only played the first part of Unity at Versailles. It will only get worse when you get to Paris, esp as time lapses forward when you progress and there is more detail drawn into the world.

The crash you're getting in Rivals is likely related mostly to your GPU not being supported. What you're asking for is not mere "help", what you're asking for is a Christmas miracle, and I'm sorry, but I'm not a deity.

If you can't pony up for a more suitable GPU, you'll just have to tough out the holidays with less intense games until you get back home to your beast PC.

Solution