I am not sure if my Phenom 955 is compatible with 880g E45 Motherboard.

May 31, 2018
So i am trying to upgrade this pc. It has a Phenom 910 and i am trying to upgrade to a phenom 955... i have a MSI 880g E45 motherboard (it also says this in the motherboard itself...Ms 7576). I had checked on pcpartpicker and it says that the Black Edition is not compatible but then i look at this other site and it says that it is just fine. Can i get some help here please?

Other website i used:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/880G-E45.html

Solution

According to MSI CPU compability list, the MSI 880g E45 does support the Phenom II X4 955

According to MSI CPU compability list, the MSI 880g E45 does support the Phenom II X4 955

Solution
May 31, 2018

Do the numbers on the front of the cpu matter?? For example... HDZ955FBK4DGM and HDX955FBK4DGM same processor but diffrent numbers on it does it matter are they all compatible with the MSI 880G E45 Motherboard?

No, it does not matter, those are revisions (levels or stepping) of the chip.
When chip manufacturers find bugs or made improvements to the design they create a new revision.
Some places will have older revisions and others the latest revision.
The HDZ955FBK4DGM & HDX955FBK4DGM are from the same revision (C3 stepping).

May 31, 2018

How can i download the drivers for that motherboard? I Checked in MSI's website but it only supports up to windows 8 64bit...

During setup Windows 10 and Windows update will download and install most drivers.
Make sure you let Windows finish setup and if any drivers are missing you might be able to use the drivers for Windows 8 64bit.
If you encounter any driver issues post them back here.

May 31, 2018

So now it does not give me display the fans spin everything is on but no image will I need bios update?

That is the first thing that needs to be done before installing the CPU, otherwise your system might not work..
Try to reset the CMOS and see if that works.
There is a 'CLR_CMOS' button on your motherboard.
Also you could
-Power off and disconnect the power cable from PSU.
-Press the power button for 15 seconds to discharge capacitors.
-Remove the CMOS battery from motherboard and wait 15 minutes.
-Place the battery back, connect the power cable and power ON.

May 31, 2018

Yea thanks I got it I just made a little error by connecting hdmi to motherboard and it had to be to the gpu