I am stuck with FX-6300 for now.. GPU upgrade suggestions?

Feb 7, 2019
Hello gamers,

currently my build is FX-6300//Nvidia 750Ti 2GB// RAM 8GB 1600 mHz//PSU 500W Bronze+.
Because i can't afford to go for a ryzen build for now and i want to upgrade my gpu i am thinking about RX-570 but i don't know if going with 8GB of DDR5 memory will bottleneck my pc. Ideally i want the MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB. I also believe that if i update my cpu to ryzen etc 3000 series RX 570 will serve me well too. The best solution would be a GPU that will slightly bottleneck my CPU but not too much. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Feb 7, 2019

RX-570 GPUs come with 4GB and 8GB memory. What would be the wisest choice given that i am with fx-6300 now and i want my new GPU to serve me in the future games(after a possible Ryzen update).

WildCard999

Titan

Depends on price, if it's like a $10-$20 difference then I'd snag the 8gb but when I bought mine the price was almost a $50 difference so I stuck with the 4gb version. Plus I monitor my vram usage while gaming and in most games on high I see around 3gb usage so it's still good.

Feb 7, 2019

Do you think the bottleneck effect will affect me a lot?

WildCard999

Titan
The only games your going to struggle with due to your CPU are open world style games such as newer Assassin Creed titles or similar games, more GPU heavy games will play fine but you still may have to lower the settings a little bit to keep the FPS smooth but it should be a better experience over the 750 ti by far. Then when you upgrade to Ryzen 3rd gen then you'll be able to utilize your GPU much more.

Feb 7, 2019

I agree with you, upgrading ram especially DDR3 1600Mhz is not worth at all. I just want a GPU to come along with my fx-6300 and serve me well with a future ryzen. That's all.