Question I am un able to use the tab key in games

11234l9

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
hi I am unable to use the TAB key in games works everywhere else tried in windowed and full screen tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and nothing tried binding the key through keyboard software nothing, used keyboard on another computer works just fine I am so confused please help

Windows 10

Ryzen 2600

16 gigs of ram

RTX 2060

Razer Black Widow Chroma X

Last edited:

11234l9

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What games do you play?

Make and model keyboard?
Windows 10

Ryzen 2600

16 gigs of ram

RTX 2060

Razer Black Widow Chroma X

and it doesnt matter what game is it ANY game does not accept TAB as an input Paladins, Looking For Heals, Warframe, minecraft

Ralston18

Titan
If the TAB key works as expected when the keyboard is used to play the same games on another computer then that, to me, indicates some keyboard mapping is not as it should be with respect to the original host computer.

Windows 10 permits user's to configure the use of various keyboard combos.

Look in:

"WIN" + "I" > Gaming and "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access

My overall thought being that some game or app has preempted the use of the TAB key on the original gaming computer.

Or there is some bug or corruption with respect to the current keyboard drivers.

Go to the manufacturer's website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure theRazer Black Widow Chroma X drivers.

11234l9

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
If the TAB key works as expected when the keyboard is used to play the same games on another computer then that, to me, indicates some keyboard mapping is not as it should be with respect to the original host computer.

Windows 10 permits user's to configure the use of various keyboard combos.

Look in:

"WIN" + "I" > Gaming and "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access

My overall thought being that some game or app has preempted the use of the TAB key on the original gaming computer.

Or there is some bug or corruption with respect to the current keyboard drivers.

Go to the manufacturer's website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure theRazer Black Widow Chroma X drivers.
where do you need me to go after im in the Ease of access menu?

Ralston18

Titan
Interaction.

Scroll down some.

It is just that there are some additional control/configuration options therein and you may discover some configuration that is not as you would want/need.

Not likely per se but necessary as a matter of elimination.

11234l9

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Interaction.

Scroll down some.

It is just that there are some additional control/configuration options therein and you may discover some configuration that is not as you would want/need.

Not likely per se but necessary as a matter of elimination.
changing all of these options 1 by 1 nothing changed