I apologize I know you all get this a lot, but I could really use some help.

eekless

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hello everyone, I hope you all are having a great New Years! I have a simple yet complex age old question, which graphics card to get. There are so many on the market with different variables that go along with them and to be honest it is a little overwhelming for someone that is not completely on the ball and up to date with the latest tech. I suppose I should start with what I would like to do with my computer. To make it short, I want to play games. The games I play are: Battlefield 4, COD Ghost, WoW, Smite, SWTOR, Saints Row 4, some other Steam based games, and I would like to be able to play Titan Fall when it comes out. I would prefer to be able to play these games on highest graphics setting without my computer sounding like it is about to fly off of a carrier in the Pacific Ocean. My budget is really anywhere under $300. My current specs are:

Amd Fx6100 3.58 six core processor - Corsair (Liquid Cooled if that matters)
6GB of Ram
64-Bit Win7
650 Watt PSU
XFX ULtra OC Radeon 7850 (bestbuy Sku 7733057)

So I purchased the XFX about a week ago and everything "works" it is just at some points it sounds like my graphics card is trying to shoot off into orbit or something. All of the games listed above are able to play on ultra except BF4 and Ghost. I can play but it is very laggy. Thank you for taking the time and i look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks again.

Tim

270/270x/7950/on up ....... the 1gig of vram on the 7850 will cause problems. anything faster than what you have with the extra ram on it will do. then you will be limited by your cpu. ............... check your budget and go shopping. don't expect tons of extra fps but smoother game play.

eekless

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Yeah all that I was hoping for was a card that would allow me to run BF4 on max settings without having choppy video ya know.. all of the other games that I play are not very graphic heavy games ya know.

eekless

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
So before I picked up my 7850 I purchased XFX-Radeon R7 260 exclusive best buy card and had nothing but problems with it. Kinda put a bad taste in my mouth with the new ATI cards

eekless

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Well I was thinking of changing to an Nvidia setup there is just so many choices was not sure what to look for when buying a new graphics card, or even what to look at while comparing.