I bought a 3000mhz ram with a320 board

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018

i dont know much abt bios or xmp. if i give it to computer repair guy they can figure out this right?

and will this motherboard fit in mini atx ?

Yes it will fit. All Ryzen boards run 3000MHz (XMP) RAM at 2933MHz. Those are dependent on particular BIOS version. As far as I can see, that one supports up to 3200MHz RAM. Actual IMC (Internal Memory Controller) is in the CPU so that counts too. All Ryzen chips can work with much higher frequency RAM but on certain ones it has diminishing results above their "natural" frequency. 2666 For 1st gen and 2933MHz for 2nd gen Ryzen.
Which CPU are you going for ?

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018

i bought 2200g i was goona get 2400g but the graphic diffrence was so less. so now i have some extra cash for upgading a nice gpu in future

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
the new processor is amd 2200g and i read it requires windows 10 64bit. my old hard drive has windows 7 32 bits and i really want my data on old harddrive so should i tell pc repair guy to take back up of my data or upgarding to windows 10 64bit wont lose my data?

WildCard999

Titan

Yes someone certified (or a hobbyist as many of us are) could do the BIOS update/XMP fairly easily. The board will fit into a MATX case as the board is MATX.

As for your data back it upfirst before any new install. Also are you going to be using that drive or another for Windows 10?

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Yes someone certified (or a hobbyist as many of us are) could do the BIOS update/XMP fairly easily. The board will fit into a MATX case as the board is MATX.

As for your data back it upfirst before any new install. Also are you going to be using that drive or another for Windows 10?
damm really i fucked up i guess sad i didnt know that will have to buy a new pc cabinet i guess, will my old harddrive from mini atx and psu and media player work in new one?
EDIT 1
yes i am going to use my old hard drive
and matx means mini atx right? i am so confuses with that.
what i was think was that i could buy a new ssd instead and use to new windows 64bit and my games and my old files in old harddrive

No, you don't, both are MATX so it should fit.

rajuplays

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018

okay sry abt that i thought matx is like max atx now i googled it up its micro atx. and thanks a lot for answering my questions. very reliving!!

btw i had this thought tell me if i am right or wrong,
my old pc is like amd a4-4000 richland APU and 4gb ram and with this pc my games load so damm slow, does harddisk get slower after 5 years(or i wont face this problem with new processor 2200g and 8gb ram? as solution to this i was thinking to buy ssd 240gb or 500gb and install my windows to it and keep same harddrive for data etc.