i bought a new razer keyboard and after pressing shift i can't press anything

dradu20

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
hi,i just bought a razer blackwidow x tournament edition keyboard and whenever i press shift or ctrl plus other key on the keyboard all my keys stops working,and sometimes it spams 0-=7==7

sorry my keyboard just did that only by pressing nine,i don't even want to press it again.i found out that sometimes if i press a number it's spams again,and i have to press that number again,or other number,to make my keyboard work again,i can't even use upper case or put brackets.
i think it's from firmware,as it says in razer forums

'Razer keyboards have a default language set in their firmware. Once Razer Synapse loads up it will read the default language on the keyboard and set the system keyboard to that layout. To change the default layout, you'll need to go back into your system settings and change it to your preferred language layout after you restart your computer and start synapse. We are aware of this inconvenience and are looking into improving this in the future.',i tried uninstalling the softwear of this keyboard and razer synpase 2.0,still not working

how can i change to default firmware.

i can't put question mark sorry.

OS is Windows 7

Solution
i removed all the 2's and a few 7's...

so I think you meant to change the default keyboard in settings/time and language/region and language
click on your current language and choose options
under keyboards, select US QWERTY (unless you use another kb layout)

alternate method is just click on the language button on taskbar and choose one from list here.

Not sure that will help, if it still happens without Synapse running it might be the keyboard itself. Have you tried it on another PC? Have you tried it in safe mode?

safe mode:
go to settings/update &n security/recovery
under advanced startup, choose restart now button
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i removed all the 2's and a few 7's...

so I think you meant to change the default keyboard in settings/time and language/region and language
click on your current language and choose options
under keyboards, select US QWERTY (unless you use another kb layout)

alternate method is just click on the language button on taskbar and choose one from list here.

Not sure that will help, if it still happens without Synapse running it might be the keyboard itself. Have you tried it on another PC? Have you tried it in safe mode?

safe mode:
go to settings/update &n security/recovery
under advanced startup, choose restart now button
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if it still happens in safe mode, I would start looking at getting KB repaired/replaced (I had a Blackwidow and had to get a replacement as it stopped working)

Solution

dradu20

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
I see you edited my post,I'm not running Windows 10,I'm using Windows 7 x64,and now I see that i can use the upper case.I don't think the problem is the keyboard,razer is saying that they use a specific firmware,I'm just asking if I can change it back to the default firmware of every keyboard,I will try booting in safe mode.So I guess the problem is not the keyboard,or the keys,is the software that it's using.

I just booted in safe mode still doing the same thing.