[SOLVED] I bought a pc an year ago, since then ive faced many problems with that and also when i bootup my pc it takes almost 3 minutes to open apps and other

Nov 3, 2020
Processor: Ryzen 5 3550H with vega 8
Graphic card: 4GB Radeon RX560X
RAM : 8GB
PS: I dont have a SSD
MODEL: ASUS TUF FX505DY (2019)

Sorry im a noob and i only know these things about my pc

forgot to say my friend also bought the same pc along with me but his pc is working fine

RANDOM PROBLEMS I FACED
  1. Suddenly wifi adaptor doesnt detect any wifi networks (even my own wifi)
  2. Bluetooth devices gets disconnected randomly
  3. When playing games they only use the VRAM from the integrated Vega 8 graphics unable to shift it to Radeon RX560X
4.Even when i just started the pc and view the ram usage it always uses more than 57% of 8GB ram
5. The bootup thing i said before (after logged into my pc the loading animation beside pointer almost stays for 2 minutes and from then ive to remain idle for another 1 minute then the pc works a bit fine)

i know this is a noob question but i really need some help

Thank you

Solution

forgot to say my friend also bought the same pc along with me but his pc is working fine

RANDOM PROBLEMS I FACED
  3. When playing games they only use the VRAM from the integrated Vega 8 graphics unable to shift it to Radeon RX560X
4.Even when i just started the pc and view the ram usage it always uses more than 57% of 8GB ram
5. The bootup thing i said before (after logged into my pc the loading animation beside...

Ralston18

Titan
At the next successful boot open Reliability History and look for error codes, warnings, and even informational events. The timeline may help identify when the problem(s) first started and then became more prevalent over time.

Make note of the errors especially any that continually re-occur.

Next:

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Then by sight and feel ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly seated.

If you are not comfortable doing that then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

Reactions: psyk_

RANDOM PROBLEMS I FACED
5. The bootup thing i said before (after logged into my pc the loading animation beside pointer almost stays for 2 minutes and from then ive to remain idle for another 1 minute then the pc works a bit fine)

i know this is a noob question but i really need some help

Thank you

That's a laptop, and one that has quite a few issues with overheating and killing parts. Hopefully you did not wait too long to look into the issues and it's still in warranty, first thing is to contact ASUS support. If the system is out of warranty, make sure your files anything else you need like internet bookmarks are backed up and do a system restore to factory new. See if it runs better then. A good idea to swap out the platter drive for a solid state one also, you can just install Windows from a USB boot media you can make from Microsoft site.

Reactions: psyk_
Solution
Nov 3, 2020
At the next successful boot open Reliability History and look for error codes, warnings, and even informational events. The timeline may help identify when the problem(s) first started and then became more prevalent over time.

Make note of the errors especially any that continually re-occur.

Next:

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Then by sight and feel ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly seated.

If you are not comfortable doing that then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.
Thank you very much for the reply, I was not in home for last few days I'll try that solution and will update
Thank you

[edit] : damnn so many critical errors everyday that is available on the history

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020
That's a laptop, and one that has quite a few issues with overheating and killing parts. Hopefully you did not wait too long to look into the issues and it's still in warranty, first thing is to contact ASUS support. If the system is out of warranty, make sure your files anything else you need like internet bookmarks are backed up and do a system restore to factory new. See if it runs better then. A good idea to swap out the platter drive for a solid state one also, you can just install Windows from a USB boot media you can make from Microsoft site.
Thank you very much for the reply, I was not in home for last few days I'll try that solution and will update again for sure

Thank you