Question i bought xfx rx 570 xxx edition graphic card bios issue

Oct 5, 2022
i bought xfx rx 570 xxx edition graphic card. but its have code 43 error. i need this card original bios. but thats not in the tech power up bios collection. device id is 1002 67DF. sub system id 1002 0B31. memory type elpida.(1550 mhz now installed) i installed techpowerup unveryfied bios. but it has a issue when stressing comes green screen. help me to serch original bios.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Techpowerup is probably the only site that has a large database of VBIOS for pretty much any card...save for some lesser known brands. Did you look through this list:
My search leads me to find an XFX RS XXX Edition.

Got a link to the card you're working with?

Oct 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Techpowerup is probably the only site that has a large database of VBIOS for pretty much any card...save for some lesser known brands. Did you look through this list:
My search leads me to find an XFX RS XXX Edition.

Got a link to the card you're working with?
Bro sub system id is different. My subsystem id 1002 0B31

Oct 5, 2022
I did a search of these terms:

XFX RS XXX Edition vbios rx 570 1550mhz device id is 1002 67DF

Which produced these results

1st link at the top goes here

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/244525/244525

It says:
Device Id:1002 67DF

However no matter what I search I see no cards on earth with 1550mhz memory clock. They are either 1750mhz or more or some are 1286mhz or something.
bro subsystem id is different

DavidM012

Distinguished
The term:

XFX RS XXX Edition vbios rx 570 1550mhz device id is 1002 67DF 1002 0B31 original bios

produces this result

3rd from the top,

Minerstat

https://minerstat.com/bios/amd-rx-570-4gb

So it might be the exact same 'unverified' bios from techpower up & the card is simply faulty. It is the 'upload' that is technically not verified. It means they make no warranty of file that has been uploaded even if it's the correct bios.

Xfx support (top right corner of page) offer a limited warranty. Maybe your friend can give you a refund and send it back to XFX if he bought it from a verified reseller and then sell the warranty fixed card to you.

One presumes, that a proof of purchase is required by Xfx.

Oct 5, 2022
The term:

XFX RS XXX Edition vbios rx 570 1550mhz device id is 1002 67DF 1002 0B31 original bios

produces this result

3rd from the top,

Minerstat

So it might be the exact same 'unverified' bios from techpower up & the card is simply faulty. It is the 'upload' that is technically not verified. It means they make no warranty of file that has been uploaded even if it's the correct bios.

Xfx support (top right corner of page) offer a limited warranty. Maybe your friend can give you a refund and send it back to XFX if he bought it from a verified reseller and then sell the warranty fixed card to you.

bro dont have warranty. i want to fix the issue

Oct 5, 2022
The term:

produces this result

3rd from the top,

Minerstat

bro is this bios ok?

Oct 5, 2022
The term:

produces this result

3rd from the top,

Minerstat

bro amd bios is can flash to xfx card?

DavidM012

Distinguished
I have no idea.

Device ID
67DF
BIOS Version
BIOS SSID
0B31

The device id is the same. AMD is the designer of the card. XFX is the OEM reseller. It's the same thing.

It is the only other source on earth other than xfx, or another owner of an rx 570 4gb who can copy the bios off their card for you. I think it can be reasonably assumed that they obtained the bios by simply copying it off a card with gpu-z, as did techpowerup.

However: Since your card may be faulty no bios will resolve the problem. Since the memory clock is showing 1550mhz it could be malfunctioning.

It's only to be 'sure'. So perhaps you should advertise on forums, 'Please copy an XFX RX 570 4gb device id 1002 67DF 1002 0B31 bios for download'. Anyone who has one might be able to copy it from their card for you.

It would make more sense to ask XFX for a bios. However if you ask them for a bios it might rumble your warranty return scheme - your friend should have a proof of purchase if it was bought from an authorized reseller.

Only other recourse, may be some electronics repair shop. Dunno if they can fix memory problems on cards - have to ask. They will probably have a fee - but if no warranty I don't see what else you can do besides get a refund from your friend.

Second hand gpus aren't much of a bargain.

Oct 5, 2022
I have no idea.

Device ID
67DF
BIOS Version
BIOS SSID
0B31

The device id is the same. AMD is the designer of the card. XFX is the OEM reseller. It's the same thing.

It is the only other source on earth other than xfx, or another owner of an rx 570 4gb who can copy the bios off their card for you. I think it can be reasonably assumed that they obtained the bios by simply copying it off a card with gpu-z, as did techpowerup.

However: Since your card may be faulty no bios will resolve the problem. Since the memory clock is showing 1550mhz it could be malfunctioning.

It's only to be 'sure'. So perhaps you should advertise on forums, 'Please copy an XFX RX 570 4gb device id 1002 67DF 1002 0B31 bios for download'. Anyone who has one might be able to copy it from their card for you.

It would make more sense to ask XFX for a bios. However if you ask them for a bios it might rumble your warranty return scheme - your friend should have a proof of purchase if it was bought from an authorized reseller.

Only other recourse, may be some electronics repair shop. Dunno if they can fix memory problems on cards - have to ask. They will probably have a fee - but if no warranty I don't see what else you can do besides get a refund from your friend.

Second hand gpus aren't much of a bargain.
ok thankyou very much bro. i will try this bios.

DavidM012

Distinguished
Or..

https://minerstat.com/bios/xfx-rx-570-4gb

Product Name
D00034 Polaris20 XL A1 GDDR5 128Mx32 4GB 300e/300m
Device ID
67DF
BIOS Version
BIOS SSID
C570
BIOS SVID

Maybe you received the card with the incorrect bios. This one says xfx is c570.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/245437/245437

That could be why it's memory clock is malfunctioning. Radical thought: Two sources say there is another vbios with the designation c570 for a 4gb card.

Oct 5, 2022
Or..

Product Name
Device ID
67DF
BIOS Version
BIOS SSID
C570
BIOS SVID

That could be why it's memory clock is malfunctioning. Radical thought: Two sources say there is another vbios with the designation c570 for a 4gb card.
Yes bro. I have same problem. But cant flash c570 bios. Its getting error massage( ssid mismatch)

DavidM012

Distinguished
Techpowerup bios recovery

Also have you seen this?

'Does the RX 570 have a BIOS switch?

Its a dual bios switch. If you flip it, before you power on the system, you can use the other bios.'

Should have a dual bios switch apparently.

Another possible way to identify the card is to disassemble it and read the memory chips. Not sure about shorting the bios rom, never done it before but could research some more.

Have you typed:

'Type: "amdvbflash -i" to see which adapter id is the bricked card.' ?

There's a few more avenues to pursue - not every option seems exhausted yet.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022
Or..

Product Name
Device ID
67DF
BIOS Version
BIOS SSID
C570
BIOS SVID

bro cant download this bios

Oct 5, 2022

Also have you seen this?

Its a dual bios switch. If you flip it, before you power on the system, you can use the other bios.'

Another possible way to identify the card is to disassemble it and read the memory chips. Not sure about shorting the bios rom, never done it before but could research some more.

Have you typed:

dont have bios switch

Oct 5, 2022

Also have you seen this?

Have you typed:

how to do that?

DavidM012

Distinguished
Just download amdvbflash

There's also a guide on Techpowerup forums that has some utilities to make a bootable dos usb. However you can simply run amdvbflash from a command prompt (or powershell) in windows if all you want to do is read the card id.

They recommend only flashing the card from dos.

And an old youtube that shows the general idea of shorting the bios chip pins if necessary. Note: It looks like a nightmare with cutting the wire (about halfway through) since you could easily accidentally short anything with anything like those metal scissors if you aren't extremely careful! Also quite difficult to solder the wire on the chip - have to make sure it's the right pins.

Don't know if you could just hook a paperclip on it somehow and pull it off with some plastic tweezers instead when necessary: Again have to be extremely careful not to short anything else in the process! Honestly it looks really delicate.

Maybe should look up some more but I didn't see much else in the way of documentation! Nothing exact to your card.

Maybe you could also check out techpowerup forums see if anyone can advise more - is the procedure possible, will it even work?

Last edited: