Question I broke a fan wire at the male end.

May 16, 2020
Toshiba P75-A7200. My first experience at removing a motherboard to change out a bad memory stick. Lots of different connectors. Any way I broke the yellow wire in the male connector when I removed it. Can I just get a new end somewhere. Don't even know where to start looking.
Thanks for any help.

Ralston18

Titan
Sight unseen, depending on the connector, you may be able to use tweezers to work out the wire conductor remaining in the connector.

Then, if there is enough wire length on the yellow wire you may be able to strip off a bit more insulation and reinsert the bare conductor end into the plug.

For the most part the safe approach is to do nothing until we can get a good look at the problem/connector.

Just try to get a good photograph or two of the connector itself.

May 16, 2020
Sight unseen, depending on the connector, you may be able to use tweezers to work out the wire conductor remaining in the connector.

Then, if there is enough wire length on the yellow wire you may be able to strip off a bit more insulation and reinsert the bare conductor end into the plug.

For the most part the safe approach is to do nothing until we can get a good look at the problem/connector.

Just try to get a good photograph or two of the connector itself.
I only have an android phone it will not resolve focus close enough. I was thinking more of cut it off and replace. I don't know if these are common connectors or proprietary