Question I broke my screen cuz of a little ant

Aug 2, 2024
I had this Ips screen for 5 months now, but today my dum dum brain saw an ant in the screen and decided to kill the ant by pressing into the screen. Now you might think i because i pressed into the screen it broke? No, my low IQ brain chose to opened up the screen to take out the ant and by doing that, i destroyed my warranty sticker for 2 years and after like 3 hours of trying to open the screen up between the layers and take the any out, i put it back as normal. But now the screen have like sorts of burning, i will say that's a part of my monitor got darker than the rest. I tried doing the pixel fixing stuff but no hope. Then i took the monitor off and open it up trying to find the problem. Still hopeless and now i have to play with a screen that look weird and lost my warranty. I really want to bring the screen out to some of the local computers repair stores but if i do that, i will lost my money and my dad trust too, he doesn't like i broke anything and he always complains why i should no be using these stuffs. SO PLEASE, IF ANYBODY CAN HELP, PLEASE HELP.

Aug 2, 2024
Not much you can do except buy a new monitor.

I had a similar one a few years ago.
I pushed on him, and he died right there on screen.

I just left it. And named him "Spot".
Yes i did kill an ant like you lol but i have like ocd or sth idek but it made me wanna take the ant out . And after i did so and put back the monitor, the screen now randomly have a stip of darkness, like sth burned from the bottom on the monitor and make things darker than the other part of the monitor.

We never had these kinds of problems with CRTs. They were sealed, with a vacuum inside and electron beams where no ant could survive. And you could whack the front glass really hard too, because it had to be made thick and strong enough to contain the vacuum--especially difficult if the front was flat.

LCD screens have many layers + it's almost impossible to separate them without getting dust inside, and your backlighting may have peeled away from the diffuser layer at that spot. It's the price of progress--if CRTs were as big as monitors are today they would weigh 1000lbs and use 1000 watts.

Aug 2, 2024
We never had these kinds of problems with CRTs. They were sealed, with a vacuum inside and electron beams where no ant could survive. And you could whack the front glass really hard too, because it had to be made thick and strong enough to contain the vacuum--especially difficult if the front was flat.

LCD screens have many layers + it's almost impossible to separate them without getting dust inside, and your backlighting may have peeled away from the diffuser layer at that spot. It's the price of progress--if CRTs were as big as monitors are today they would weigh 1000lbs and use 1000 watts.
All I know is my screen is IPS kind or sth I’m not sure