I burned up the video card running the TV. What is required for a vid card to run the TV. If it works?

internetsurfer2

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I have a Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000, Vista SP2 64 bit running a Radeon 5570 HD video card and a Sony 46 inch HDTV. So all I beed to do is plug it in. I don't want to burn up this card or my computer. The old one worked the a few months then burned out. Any info is good, thanks for the help!

Solution
All you really need to hook a computer up to a TV is just an HDMI cable or a VGA+3.5mm Audio cable. I have a laptop hooked up to a TV for the last 2.5 years using just HDMI. Normally they shouldn't just die on you, but it probably was just hardware failure. For all intents and purposes hooking up to a TV is EXACTLY the same as hooking up to a monitor anyways.

Warukyure

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
All you really need to hook a computer up to a TV is just an HDMI cable or a VGA+3.5mm Audio cable. I have a laptop hooked up to a TV for the last 2.5 years using just HDMI. Normally they shouldn't just die on you, but it probably was just hardware failure. For all intents and purposes hooking up to a TV is EXACTLY the same as hooking up to a monitor anyways.

Solution