Question I can’t get my Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15) to over clock.

YourBoyLunar

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
I am unable to get my memory to run at a good speed. When I run A-xmp is doesn’t even run at the correct speed. I don’t know what eles to try.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400g with Radeon Vega Graphics
GPU: GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Power supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series
Motherboard: ASUS/MSI ( AMD A320M Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
Bios ver-E7B07AMS.390

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I am confused.
You are saying your motherboard is some sort of Frankenstein mashup of an ASUS and an MSI board?

By default though, if XMP isn't working, have you tried enabling DOCP so that the XMP profiles can be properly translated into what AMD's CPU and chipset understand?
Read this for more info

Also, last ditch effort if you have enabled DOCP and whatnot, try manually setting the speed and timings in accordance with what is printed on the sticker on the RAM sticks themselves.

Reactions: YourBoyLunar

YourBoyLunar

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
I am confused.
You are saying your motherboard is some sort of Frankenstein mashup of an ASUS and an MSI board?

By default though, if XMP isn't working, have you tried enabling DOCP so that the XMP profiles can be properly translated into what AMD's CPU and chipset understand?
Read this for more info

Also, last ditch effort if you have enabled DOCP and whatnot, try manually setting the speed and timings in accordance with what is printed on the sticker on the RAM sticks themselves.

Hello, yes so on my sheet that my pc came in it has Asus/msi on the mother board type, sorry for the inconvenience. I dont know to much about computers. I will try your method and get back to you.

YourBoyLunar

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
I am confused.

Read this for more info

hello, i tried memory try it and that didnt work, when i put it to 2933 it saved in the bios, but when i loaded into windows and check task manager it only says 1467 Mhz. I would input the selected times on the stick witch is/ 3000 Mhz/ 15-17-17-35/ 1.35V but that times only have 4 slots while the place to input the times have 5.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Some chipsets, motherboards, cpu, ram combinations will not do 3000MHz exactly. When xmp is set for that, it automatically downclock to 2933MHz. It's not anything that you are doing wrong, and your equipment is working perfectly, it has to do with the nature of the frequencies used internally and their multipliers, they just don't add up to 3000, only 2933.

You are good.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Some chipsets, motherboards, cpu, ram combinations will not do 3000MHz exactly. When xmp is set for that, it automatically downclock to 2933MHz. It's not anything that you are doing wrong, and your equipment is working perfectly, it has to do with the nature of the frequencies used internally and their multipliers, they just don't add up to 3000, only 2933.

You are good.
LOL. I think their initial issue was simply that when they checked the speeds in task manager it was half of what they thought it was supposed to be, and I just explained that it's because of DDR meaning double data rate and to just multiply that number to see what the RAM is running at.
And it turned out it was running at 2934 like normal.