[SOLVED] I can’t reinstall windows

simonp42503

Commendable
May 13, 2018
So I just upgraded my processor and motherboard. When I tried to make a bootable disk it froze on the Aorus (motherboard brand) screen even though the BIOS is set correctly. I used the windows media tool

Solution
Have you tried using another USB?

Does the Gigabyte board boot if you don't have USB in?
Have you got latest BIOS on board?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So I just upgraded my processor and motherboard. When I tried to make a bootable disk it froze on the Aorus (motherboard brand) screen even though the BIOS is set correctly. I used the windows media tool
I wish I had read this right the 1st time.
So it froze making the USB?
mention of boot screen is confusing me. Is above right and you copied the Media creation tool onto the USB itself? You run the media creation tool on another PC and one of its functions is to make the Installer on USB or DVD. It is not the installer itself, it just makes them or lets you update current PC.

Once you have made a USB, then it should boot right.

simonp42503

Commendable
May 13, 2018
I wish I had read this right the 1st time.
So it froze making the USB?
mention of boot screen is confusing me. Is above right and you copied the Media creation tool onto the USB itself? You run the media creation tool on another PC and one of its functions is to make the Installer on USB or DVD. It is not the installer itself, it just makes them or lets you update current PC.

Once you have made a USB, then it should boot right.
No I did not drag the media installer to the usb. I ran it and created the usb like I was supposed to but it just freezes on the windows screen