[SOLVED] i can install how many fan on my mainboard gigabyte z370m giga ?

pikapika1998

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
Solution
Using powered splitters/hub with pwm fans, you can use upto 10 fans per header, not because of header amperage ratings (power comes from the psu in a powered splitter or hub) but because of pwm signal loss.

So the answer is you could cram 30 fans easily on that motherboard, if setup correctly.

Setup should be affected by location.
If your case has 3 fans in front, you can put all 3 on 1 header for example. The exhaust fans go to a different header, and the cpu cooler has its own.

I don't know of any case that accepts 18 120mm fans, so maximum of 6x on a single header is well beyond rediculous at this point.

pikapika1998

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
[QUOTE = "Phaaze88, bài: 22295132, thành viên: 2221541"]
Bạn có thể thực hiện 6x P14 trên mỗi tiêu đề (1A), tổng cộng là 24.
Bạn có thể thực hiện 12x P14 trên mỗi tiêu đề (2A), tổng cộng là 48.

NẾU đó là cùng một loại tiêu đề mà Gigabyte sử dụng trên bảng Aorus của họ, thì chúng là 2A.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
thank mr Noctua ^,,,^

pikapika1998

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
You can do 6x P14s per header(1A), for a total of 24.
You can do 12x P14s per header(2A), for a total of 48.

IF those are the same kind of headers Gigabyte uses on their Aorus boards, then they are 2A.
mr P , what happen if i running than 6 fan P14 on 1A max of mainboard ? my mianboard will die ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Using powered splitters/hub with pwm fans, you can use upto 10 fans per header, not because of header amperage ratings (power comes from the psu in a powered splitter or hub) but because of pwm signal loss.

So the answer is you could cram 30 fans easily on that motherboard, if setup correctly.

Setup should be affected by location.
If your case has 3 fans in front, you can put all 3 on 1 header for example. The exhaust fans go to a different header, and the cpu cooler has its own.

I don't know of any case that accepts 18 120mm fans, so maximum of 6x on a single header is well beyond rediculous at this point.

Last edited:
Solution

Anyway it's too dangerous to put 18 x 120mm fans on a case, the case might move itself around the room :p

Joke aside, the number of fans is not the most important factor when it comes to cooling, having the correct airflow and sufficient space around the case is important.