[SOLVED] I can only connect to the internet through my VPN (Mullvad).

imijj

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
After a recent update of my VPN, I realized I can only connect to the internet when it is active. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but have the same issue. I made sure to disable to function that blocks internet when the VPN isn't in use, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
This tends to be the reason I switched to using vpn on the router. The software clients have lots of bugs in them and some from the free companies actually intentionally do not uninstall..or that is what people claim.

Now if it works fine when you uninstall it then it must be a "feature" in that client.

It is not a common vpn so not sure how much direct help you will get. I would use something like nord or pia since many people use those.
This tends to be the reason I switched to using vpn on the router. The software clients have lots of bugs in them and some from the free companies actually intentionally do not uninstall..or that is what people claim.

Now if it works fine when you uninstall it then it must be a "feature" in that client.

It is not a common vpn so not sure how much direct help you will get. I would use something like nord or pia since many people use those.

Solution