Question I can use my PC for 30 minutes then it goes off

Jun 29, 2019
My specs:
CPU: Intel I7 4470k
GPU: GTX 660
MoBo: MSI B85M G43
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 2TB

I can use my computer for around 30 minutes before it shuts down, no blue screen just straight to black. When it goes off I can turn it right back on again and continue to use it until another 30 minutes go by and it turns off.
I have had the PC for around 4 years so I am thinking it could be failing parts, the PSU fan has been making a weird creek sound leading up to the pc turning off but when the pc goes off and I turn it on again it goes away for a while but then comes back, I think that has something to do with it but I'm unsure, thoughts?

reBOOT-PCTek

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2013
it COULD be a failing PSU. Sure. But your description of symptoms sounds like it might be any one of 3 or 4 things; and often, once a single problem arises in a PC, it's chased by another problem that is caused by a lack of attention paid to the first problem. you MAY have a couple of issues going on at the same time. HEAT sounds like an issue for you. When HDDs are too hot they simply turn off, most of em do anyways. when a cpu gets too hot it also does that. sometimes mobos have a warning system in the options of the bios that beep a warning before the critical temp is reached. Are you hearing anything like that when it shuts down? HDDs also can make high pitched sounds when getting older, and being heat affected. Open it up. expose the inside to a strong FAN blowing on it. Then, use the computer that way, with the fan blowing on it and see if it shuts down at 30 mins in. If it stays on, then you have solved the issue, you will just have to find out which component is failing, and replace it, or them.

Db