Question I cannot connect to a 2Ghz Wi-Fi network Intel Dual Band Pci AC-7265 card

Jul 17, 2023
Hello friends, I speak Spanish but I will use the google translator to present my problem, sorry if there is an error and it does not translate correctly.

Since I updated my equipment I have not been able to connect to the 2hgz wifi network of my repeater or the router, it takes time to connect, then it says connected as if there was internet but there really isn't, try changing DNS to cloudfare and in automatic mode but it is not solved.

I tried to reset my router and my wifi repeater in case the cause is some error in your configuration but it's still the same, finally I reinstalled windows 10 from scratch and also, I reinstalled the drivers for the wifi card thinking that the error was there but it's not like that.

I don't know if it's because I upgraded to windows 11, although the problem continued previously in windows 10 even trying the option to solve system problems. With the 5Ghz Wi-Fi bands it does connect to the internet and curiously it also connects to 2Ghz from a portable Wi-Fi I have for emergencies.

Concluding that the problem is between the new hardware and the AC-7265 wifi card even with the latest updated drivers... or maybe it has been completely damaged... If any network expert could help me, I don't know what else to try.

My new setup is:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 5500
Motherborad: A520m a pro
Ram: 16gb Vulcan z TTForce 3200mhz
SSD: Sata Crucial
Gpu: 6GB 1060 Msi

I do not have any nvme installed so in theory the 20 pcie lanes that this board has should not be occupied, x16 of the video card + x4 of the wifi should work without problems. I am not an expert on this topic of lanes, I only assume from what I have read. Thanks and greetings to all.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
If you have been upgrading hardware inside the system, make sure you have connected the internal antenna on the AC7265 card. There is one for 2.4 the other for 5.
Does your system "see" the 2.4 connection? If it does, I would think you have a bad card or antenna

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model information for modem, router, or modem/router if combined?

Also run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

You should be able copy and paste the results without needing to retype everything.