I cannot find driver for Ethernet Controller after Win 7 reinstall

Aug 5, 2018
I tried to use the Intel drivers but they said Intel Adapters not on my desktop pc. I am stumped as I don't know how to identify who makes my ethernet controller so I can get a driver from them.
I bought my desktop PC from private seller on Ebay in 2013. It has an Intel i5-3570 CPU with Z77PRO3 motherboard and an MSI HD Radeon Twin FrozrIII GPU that stopped working (i.e. I got a blue screen of death out of nowhere and when I tried to restart I kept getting black screen until I disabled it and fell back to Intel Graphics). After numerous restarts through backup disk I just went ahead and reinstalled Windows 7. And I can't connect to the internet. Under Device Manager I have the following devices with unknown drivers now.
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communication Controller
SM Bus Controller
USB Controller
Unknown Device
Video Controller

Windows cannot find any drivers to update them. When I go to Let me Pick from a list I see:
61883 Device Class
AVC Devices
Batteries
Biometric Devices
Bluetooth Radios
Computer
Disk Drivers
Display adapters
DVD/CD Rom drives
Floppy disk drives
Floppy Drive controllers
Human Interface Device
IDE ATA/API controllers
IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer
IEEE 1284.4 DEVICES
IEEE 1394 AND SCSI PRINTERS
IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLERs
imaging devices
infrared devices
keyboards
media center extender
etc etc etc

I dont know what to look for. I want internet connection to work first and will worry about the rest after that!

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
your ethernet controller is on the mobo? or is it a separate card that occupies a slot?

if it is the mobo chip, tell us the model and make of your mobo and we can direct you from there.
if its a separate card, you will be able to see its make and possibly model number etched onto one side?

Aug 5, 2018
My ethernet plugs into a little silver box that appears to be stuck to the motherboard. Motherboard is asus z77 pro3? I looked at asus website but did not know to pick for download there were categories for bios utilities drivers but under drivers nothing about win 7 64 bit or this motherboard.

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you! I downloaded 0025-Install-Win7-7119-07252018 from the realtek website onto a USB flash drive, transferred it to my pc and ran setup, and it worked! Now I have to figure out how to fix the rest of the stuff....Thanks again!