[SOLVED] I can't access my WiFi router login page using the default gateway found in ipconfig.

Aug 16, 2019
I'm trying to port forward my Minecraft server but when I try to access the login by searching up the default gateway, it says the page was unable to connect. The router was from the ISP. I'm not using ethernet, and I'm using my motherboard's WiFi. I've tried the Default gateway, Subnet Mask, and the IPv4 Address but none of them work.

volstead

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
This is interesting. I'm assuming you're talking about the router login page. I'm using wifi on my laptop and I can connect. Are you talking about something different?

USAFRet

Titan
This is interesting. I'm assuming you're talking about the router login page. I'm using wifi on my laptop and I can connect. Are you talking about something different?
Usually, WiFi administration of the router is OFF by default.
You can enable that function, but it is normally OFF when the router comes out of the box. And the only way to access the router settings is via ethernet cable.

Aug 16, 2019
You can't.
If WiFi admin is disabled (as is usual), you must connect with an ethernet cable.

It is usually disabled by default, to reduce the attack surface.
You don't want some guy sitting in his car outside your house, trying to access your router settings.
Thanks, USAFRet. I would've been completely lost without your help.