Question I can't find consistent results from any Bottleneck Calculators online...

Jan 5, 2024
Here's the system I'm looking at building:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X670 Aorus elite AX

CPU: Ryzen 7700X

GPU: Radeon RX 7800XT

RAM: GSkill Trident Z5 RGB Series DDr5 32GB (2x16) 6000MT/s CL28-36-36-96

I've plugged that info into 5 different Bottleneck Calculators and the answers are all over the map.

Any guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 2, 2024
Bottleneck calculators tend to be vague and often push you towards unnecessary upgrades or purchases to compensate for supposed 'bottlenecks.'

From what I can tell, the system you intend to build is fine from a glance, but what you want out of your system is most important. You shouldn't worry about any potential 'bottlenecks' with your current setup. If I were you, I would consider the reasoning behind your hardware choices. Are you building primarily for gaming, rendering, or both?

Nevertheless, even if your system struggles with either task, you can always learn from that experience and invest where necessary. Experience is the best teacher, not arbitrary numbers.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Here's the system I'm looking at building:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X670 Aorus elite AX

CPU: Ryzen 7700X

GPU: Radeon RX 7800XT

RAM: GSkill Trident Z5 RGB Series DDr5 32GB (2x16) 6000MT/s CL28-36-36-96

I've plugged that info into 5 different Bottleneck Calculators and the answers are all over the map.

Any guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

I see nothing wrong with what you have listed.
The thing is those things are in general nothing like the real world. Everything will depend on the game, monitor resolution, and in game settings.

Some times the CPU might hold your performance back and other times the video card, you will NEVER build a PC that one of the parts don't limit your performance.

I would buy what you have listed and just enjoy. Good for up to a 1440p monitor if your going to be using a 4K monitor then buy a better video card.